Potion Class

Luz's POV:

      I woke up to King screaming at Hooty with his adorable squeal. Quickly, I sat up to check my phone. I was relieved to see that I woke up at the time I did. It was 45 minutes until the start of school. I rushed to pull on my uniform and I ran to the living room. 

   "Morning Luz," Eda giggled. She had her morning cup of apple blood resting in her hand.

  "Goodmorning Eda and King," I cheered. King ran over to me and crawled onto my back. 

 "Luz will solve this dispute! Who is more menacing Hooty or me?" King shouted.

  "You are too cute to be menacing King," I giggled. He looked grumpy and Hooty smiled.

  "I am a demon! I choose to be cute around you human!" he growled.

  "Alright King," I laughed. Eda stood up and she grabbed her staff and walked towards me.

  "King, I have to take Luz to school. Do you want to come with?" Eda asked. He shook his head up and down. We walked outside and we got on her staff. It took about 5 minutes to get to Hexside and I thanked Eda for the ride.

 "See you later Luz," King shouted as they flew off. I walked towards the entrance and I made my way to my locker. Gus, Willow, and Amity were talking next to it.

"Hey Luz!" they exclaimed.

"Hi guys, how are you doing?" I asked.

"Good!" they responded smiling. 

"Are you feeling okay Amity? I noticed your face is red," I asked. However, this only made it worse and her face was beet red.

"I'm feeling fine," she giggled. (Willow and Gus facepalmed). It has made me really happy that Amity is hanging out with us now. She is really pretty and I really like her, but I know that I'm not in her league. I don't even know if she is into girls as well. The bell rang and I headed towards our potions class. The desks were in rows of two and I sat next to Amity.

"Hello, class today we will be making a special potion," our teacher informed. We pulled out our mixing pot.

"Today we will be making a soulmate potion. Unlike most potions, this has a lifelong effect," He claimed. My face went red thinking about who would be my soulmate. I looked over to Amity to see that she was flushed as well. Our teacher started writing the side effects on the board and I felt a wave of anxiety. What if my soulmate is from the boiling isles? I guess I would have to stay here forever. Truly I wouldn't be sad about this, but I know that if I found a way to return home it wouldn't matter anyway.

"Class it is your choice to drink the potion, but if your soulmate will be affected by the terms if you figure out who they are," He informed. I decided that I would drink the potion and it looked like Amity thought the same. After we were done crafting the potion we put it into two test tubes. 

"Amity, this is kinda nerve-wracking," I claimed she looked at me and smiled. Part of me hoped that my soulmate was Amity, but I felt like I wouldn't be that lucky.

"I agree, I hope I get someone as cute as you," she giggled with her face completely red. We grabbed our test tubes and I took a deep breath.

"Bottoms up," I laughed shaking immensely. I put the tube to my lips and I downed the potion in one go. It tasted of rose and honey and it had a warm feeling to it.