Ch.3

With Ludwig:

The oldest Koopaling gasped, quickly sitting up, breathing hard. 

He looked around, seeing that there was nothing but darkness all around him. 

He noticed that his hair was still messy and disheveled. 

He decided to ignore this, shaking his head and returning to the more important matter at hand. 

What had happened? 

Were his siblings safe?

Had he succeeded in protecting them after the volcano exploded? 

He had no way in finding out. 

Why was here here in the first place, anyway? 

Surely he should have woken up…

What would he even call it? He didn’t even know where he was, or why he had woken up here instead.

He shook his head, standing up and looking around. 

“Hello? Vy am I here? Is anyone out zere?” called Ludwig, feeling a sense of loneliness as he glanced around. 

No one answered. 

Complete silence

He then gasped in realization. 

“Oh no...I'm dead, aren't I!? I knev I schouldn't hafe triet doink anything, but I hat to safe zem...zere vas nothink else I koult hafe done…” exclaimed Ludwig, muttering the last part. 

He didn’t remember anything that had happened before passing out. 

All he recalled was Kamek and Kammy helping him with the force field, and then he passed out at some point. 

He just hoped his siblings were alright. 

If any harm had come to them, anything at all, he just knew that it was his fault for letting it happen. 

Especially if there was something more he could have done. 

His entire body froze up, hearing a familiar voice chuckling from somewhere in the darkness. 

“H-Hello…?” he called, looking around. 

“Well, well, well. Look who we have here. It's Mr.I'm-So-Perfect” said the familiar voice. 

Ludwig whirled around, trying to locate where the voice was coming from. 

“Vere are you? I demant you schov yourself to me, right nov” demanded Ludwig, snarling.

“You thought you could get rid of me, didn’t you? *chuckle* Well let me tell you, you can’t” said the voice, deciding to ignore his command. 

Ludwig was confused by this. 

“Vat...do you mean…?” asked Ludwig, trailing off as he felt a sense of fear creep up his spine. 

He knew that voice. 

It sounded so familiar, but he couldn’t put his finger on it. 

The voice chuckled again, only this time it sounded more….sinister. 

“Don’t you SEE!? You tried getting rid of me once before, and you succeeded, too. But you can't get rid of me THAT easily!” exclaimed the voice. 

Ludwig gasped. 

The tone the voice was speaking in sounded so familiar because-

“N-No…” muttered Ludwig, his eyes widening in realization.