Ch.21

With Roy and Morton: 

The two largest Kooplaings had followed the trail of dried blood all the way to the garden behind the castle before it stopped. 

Confused, Morton looked around, having taken his video camera out and started recording once they began following the trail. 

“Where did the trail go? It can’t have disappeared like that, but then again...Ludwig does know how to teleport. Ooohhh...what if the body ran out of blood?” asked Morton, glancing around. 

Roy was scanning the distance past the garden. 

He then caught sight of something nearby, a few meters ahead of them on the ground. 

Walking over to it, Roy crouched down and grinned. 

“Looks like tha trail hadn't dried up, afta all. Come take a look at dis” said Roy, gesturing for Morton to come over. 

The largest Kooplaing did so, gasping. 

“Is that-?” asked Morton, unable to believe what he was seeing. 

Roy nodded, standing up. 

“Yeah, small droplets of dried blood, as if dude used a levitation spell ta carry da body from dis point on. If we follow dis trail as best we can, we can see where it lead'z us. Somethang tells me dat da missin' Hamma Bro’z body was discarded somewhere furtha from da castle” said Roy, frowning. 

Morton nodded in understanding, the two largest Koopalings following the trail. 

They had nearly lost track of it a couple of times as they walked for what felt like hours, or at least that's how long it felt to Morton. 

As they walked over some small ridge-like hills that were about a kilometer away from the castle, they caught sight of some large lava pits and rivers that were on the other side. 

Morton looked unsure as he glanced over at Roy. 

“You don’t think…?” began Morton, but trailed off, not wanting to finish his question. 

Roy nodded. 

“Yeah, I think dude did” muttered Roy. 

They walked down to the lava pits, spotting a small puddle of blood that was on the ground near one of them. 

The two scanned the largest lava pit, but Roy sighed and shook his head. 

“If dude had discarded tha body properly, dis time, then we won't find any sign o' it” said Roy in defeat. 

Morton nodded in understanding, looking sad. 

“Should we tell Kamek and Kammy?” asked the largest Koopaling.

Roy’s eyes widened before turning to glare at Morton. 

“No, yo' idiot! If we tell Kamek n' Kammy what we discovered, they'll inform Bowsa. Dad would just say dat we're crazy fo' think dat shit was Ludwig who killed da Koopa Troopa n' Hamma Bro. Dude thinks maestro be always 'Mr.Perfect', n' wouldn't think much o' dat shit, n' then dude would tell us ta stop what we're doin' n' let tha two Magikoopas do all tha investigatin'” said Roy, slapping Morton in the back of his head. 

Morton rubbed the back of his head in slight pain, nodding in understanding. 

“Ok, I understand….” he muttered. 

Roy huffed, nodded as he crossed his arms, glancing back down at the large lava pit below them. 

“Good, naw letz git back ta da castle n' see how Iggy n' Lemmy r' doin'. Hopefully they've been takin' notes” said Roy, muttering the last part.