Ch.48

With Fawful: 

The Beanish had found a warp pipe that led him directly to Dark Land from the Mushroom Kingdom. 

In hindsight, he probably should have taken a warp pipe instead of birdnapping a bird last night, but it hadn’t crossed his mind at the time. 

Fawful looked around before quickly rushing over to the castle doors. 

He would have to be careful because it was broad daylight, and not night, so there were a lot less shadows he would be able to hide himself in. 

AND he had to locate Kamek’s wand, seeing as how the Magikoopa had deactivated all but two spells that Kooky was able to do. 

The Beanish decided to sneak in through the front door, seeing as how there was no other way to get in BUT the front door. 

He walked right up to it, slowly pushing it open and taking a peek inside. 

When he saw that there were no guards, he decided to slip inside, making sure to close the door before quickly ducking behind a small statue. 

There weren’t many guards on duty during the day, but he also didn’t have the shadows to help hide him either, only the decorations and things that Bowser had around the castle. 

A few minutes of sneaking around the castle, he managed to find himself on the second floor, having found the archives and library. 

He took a peek inside and smiled when he saw Kamek in the room, the Magikoopa in search of some important files. 

“Hmm...I could have sworn they were in here…” muttered Kamek, looking deeply troubled. 

Fawful frowned, having a feeling that the Magikoopa was in search of some of the documents that he had stolen last night. 

Fawful quickly ducked into the room and hid behind another statue of a Magikoopa that was near the door. 

Taking a look around, he spotted the Kamek’s wand on a nearby table, having been placed down so that the Magikoopa could look for the documents. 

Fawful refrained from chuckling, slowly sneaking his way over to the wand while the Magikoopa was distracted. 

Once he had reached the table where the wand was, he grabbed it and quickly rushed out of the room, silently of course, so that he would not get caught. 

He sighed in relief, smiling as he held the two wands in his hands. 

Holding them both out, he focused as hard as he could, waving Kamek’s wand around Kooky’s until he managed to use the spell that would deactivate the restrictions to it. 

Once he had done so, he wanted to test it out to see if it worked, so he decided to use a random spell. 

He accidentally summoned a fireball that was too big, screaming in fear when the thing hit one of the red curtains hanging in the hall, setting it on fire. 

Fawful began to panic, hearing the sound of Kamek rushing over to see what was going on. 

He then glanced down at Kooky’s wand, getting an idea.

He quickly dropped Kamek’s wand and used a teleportation spell with Kooky’s, managing to successfully teleport away from the scene. 

When he teleported out of there, he found himself just outside the castle, falling and landing on his face. 

He groaned in pain and shook his head, quickly getting up and making a mad dash to the nearest warp pipe so that he could get out of there as quickly as he could.