Ch.57

With the Koopalings: 

Bowser, Roy, Morton, Wendy and Larry were waiting outside of the king’s castle, waiting for the twins to return with Junior and Chomperette. 

Bowser was getting impatient, his arms crossed as he began pacing back and forth. 

He sighed in annoyance. 

“What is taking them so long?” he muttered to himself, smoke puffin out of his nostrils. 

The four Koopalings were standing nearby, watching as the Koopa King paced back and forth. 

They had taken notice that there were some citizens that were coming out of hiding, watching curiously after seeing that the castle wasn’t getting attacked. 

Roy sighed in annoyance. 

“Come on, where the fuck r' they? They've been gone fo' five minutes!” exclaimed Roy, getting impatient as he scowled.

Larry nodded in agreement, eyeing the citizens who were watching them from afar. 

“Yeah, those citizens are watching us like vultures over a carcass, and I don’t like it” said Larry, scowling as he glared at the citizens. 

Wendy placed a hand on her hip, shaking her head. 

“I disagree, that’s a disgusting comparison, Larry” said Wendy, disliking Larry’s comparison, now feeling nauseous just thinking about it. 

Morton tilted his head to the side, seeming to look confused. 

“MORTON NO UNDERSTAND…” muttered Morton loudly, scratching the back of his head. 

Roy growled, starting to get annoyed with Morton’s speech impediment. 

“Alright, I don't know how tha fuck Ludwig managed ta jump on his fuckin' head, or what tha fuck happened inside o' his head afta gettin' it pushed down forcefully n' hittin' tha ground, but I'm startin' ta git real annoyed wit' tha way he’z talkin'” said Roy angrily, glaring at Morton and pointing an accusing finger at the largest Koopaling. 

Morton just stood there, staring off into space and smiling as if Roy hadn’t said anything about him. 

Roy growled, seeing that the largest Koopaling didn’t seem bothered by what he said. 

Wendy could only sigh, crossing her arms and nodding. 

“Yeah. This never happened before. It’s starting to get annoying…” muttered the female Koopaling. 

Larry could only glance over at Morton, feeling sympathy for the largest Koopaling. 

They had all gone to Kamek after they had returned back from Ludwig’s castle a few days ago. 

Unfortunately for them, Kamek was unable to heal Morton completely, stating that something in his head must have gotten ‘rattled around’, so now he had a speech impediment. 

It reminded them all of when Ludwig had lost his hearing, something similar happening to him when he was hit on the head, Kamek stating that ‘something in his head got rattled around’, just like he said for Morton. 

Only Ludwig had lost his hearing and regained it after getting hit in the head with a Bullet Bill by accident. 

Morton had lost his ability to speak properly, and they had no idea if getting hit in the head again would work like it had with Ludwig. 

The four Koopalings were suddenly startled when Iggy and Lemmy came running back, Chomperette following the twins close behind. 

Only Junior wasn’t with them.