Ch. 59

With the Koopalings: 

Roy sighed, shaking his head as he cut the communication between him and Kamek. 

“He couldn't find 'em anywhere in tha castle, n' dude sent out some guards ta scout 'round Dark Land, but they found no sign o' Junior n' Ludwig. How 'bout yo', guys? Have any o' yo' managed ta send a successful communication dat connected ta their wands?” asked Roy, turning back to the other Koopalings. 

Wendy, Iggy, and Morton all frowned, shaking their heads. 

Lemmy sighed, hanging his head. 

“No use. None of us can send a successful communication to their wands” said Lemmy sadly. 

The Koopalings all looked down, feeling a sense of dread knowing that two of their brothers have now gone missing. 

“KOOPALINGS!” called Bowser angrily. 

The Koopalings all jumped in fright, turning and saluting as Bowser stomped over to them. 

“Yes, King Bowser?” asked Roy, deciding to take charge, since he’s the second oldest Koopaling, with Ludwig being gone. 

“Tell me one of you managed to send a communication to one of them” said Bowser, crossing his arms and trying to stay calm. 

Peach and Toadsworth were speaking to the King of Cloud Land and one of the guards who had run in. 

Mario, Luigi and the other guard were waiting to retrieve any messages from the other kingdoms, hoping that one of them had seen or heard any sign of the two missing Koopalings. 

The Koopalings all glanced away, unsure of what to tell Bowser. 

Bowser growled, getting impatient, so Roy decided to suck it up and tell him. 

“No, none o' our communications had been able ta git through ta their wands. Somethang must have happened ta both wands dat’z preventin' us from communicatin' wit' 'em. I sent a communication ta Kamek ta check da castle n' Dark Land, but they were unable ta find any sign o' 'em” explained Roy, frowning. 

Bowser snarled, stomping his foot on the floor so hard that it made the whole room shake. 

Everyone had been startled by this, turning their attention to the Koopa King. 

“WHERE ARE THEY!?” yelled Bowser angrily, fire spewing from his mouth. 

They had been in the throne room for about an hour, waiting for the answers from the other kings about any sign of the two missing Koopalings. 

While the Koopalings were trying to get Bowser to calm down, not wanting him to burn down the entire throne room with them still in it, a messenger Toad came running into the throne room with a handful of envelopes. 

Mario and Luigi saw this, the two greeting the messenger Toad and taking the letters from him before he quickly ran off, not wanting to remain in the throne room with the enraged Koopa King. 

The Mario brothers both took their time, opening each envelope and reading through all of the letters, frowning and exchanging worried glances when they saw that none of them held any good news. 

Luigi cleared his throat, catching everyone’s attention. 

“I-I...uh...hate to be the bearer of bad news….but….” began Luigi, but Mario placed a hand on his shoulder and shook his head, letting him know that he would be the one to tell them. 

Luigi nodded in understanding, frowning as he took a step back, allowing Mario to be the one to tell them. 

“We just received letters from the other kingdoms, and they all say the same thing. They have not seen or heard any word of the two Koopalings. I’m sorry...but it appears they have disappeared from the Mushroom Kingdom entirely” explained Mario, summing up the contents of the notes.