Ch.34

With Roy: 

The second largest Koopaling walked into Morton’s room, letting himself in without knocking. 

He was a little surprised to see Wendy and Morton both talking about something, the two of them both speaking in a serious, hushed tone. 

The two were startled when Roy had opened the door and let himself in, looking over at him. 

“Did I interrupted somethang important yo' two were talkin' 'bout?” asked Roy, crossing his arms and walking over to the two. 

Wendy crossed her arms, about to say that it wasn't any of his business, but Morton frowned and nodded. 

“Yes, we were actually, and I know I always talk too much about stuff but what we were talking about was SUPER important and it involves us actually HELPING our older brother because he IS family and we all love him despite what he did and we’re trying to figure out ways that we could help him but we have to try and find him first or we can wait until he and Junior come back since they’re both on a mission but we don’t know if that’s true or not and then there’s the fact that Kamek and Kammy seem to be getting suspicious and want to continue investigating but dad doesn’t believe that it was any of us and he suspended the search and-” explained Morton, not even pausing to take a breath as he spoke. 

Wendy sighed in annoyance, shaking her head, but her eyes then snapped open after realizing what Morton had said. 

Wendy then snuck a quick glance up at Roy, seeing the second largest Koopaling standing with his arms crossed, unable to read his emotions because of his sunglasses hiding his eyes. 

“Morton” said Roy, stopping the largest Koopaling in his long rant that didn’t seem to have an end. 

Morton shut himself up, covering his mouth. 

“Oops…” muttered the largest Koopaling, now realizing what he had accidentally said. 

Wendy chuckled nervously, pushing Roy out of the room as the largest Koopaling followed. 

“What Morton MEANT to say was that we’re trying to HELP you find Ludwig so he could pay for what he did. We both know that he murdered those ten guards, but we don’t have proof that he had been the one to do it, since all the evidence disappeared mysteriously” started Wendy, glancing up at Morton with a worried look. 

Morton nodded, sweating nervously as he closed his bedroom door. 

“Y-Yes! A-And...uhh….I couldn’t find the film….” muttered Morton, tapping his index claws together nervously. 

Roy just stared at them, not believing their lie. 

Wendy sighed, caving in. 

“Alright, you got us. We believe Ludwig committed those murders, but we gave up on trying to find evidence to frame him” said Wendy, crossing her arms and looking away. 

Morton nodded, still looking nervous. 

Roy seemed to hold back a growl, glaring at the two. 

“Why the fuck would yo' want ta help him? Dude could try killin' any o' yo' guys, n' I wouldn't be there ta stop him!” exclaimed Roy, scowling. 

Wendy scoffed, glaring back. 

“What does it matter to YOU? He didn’t try to hurt any of US, and you said it yourself. He STOPPED himself from hurting Junior. He would never try hurting any of us in purpose, and we KNOW it. Even that incident where he hurt Iggy all those years ago, he had been forgiven” said Wendy, trying to reason with Roy.