Ch.42

With Ludwig: 

It had been at least an hour or two since he had literally thrown Fawful out of his castle, through the window. 

He was sitting at his grand piano that he had in the living room, playing one of the Dark Land songs that he had personally created himself. 

Bowser would often ask Ludwig to make songs, themes for the castles and airships, just to make things more interesting for when the Mario brothers are going through them before battling each of the Koopalings. 

They were often dark and creepy, giving a sense of dread just before one enters the large doors leading to the battle rooms where the Koopalings are fought. 

Most of the themes sounded similar to each other, so he was hoping to change the themes for a couple of the castles and airships so that they sound a little more different. 

The oldest Koopaling was so caught up with rewriting the theme for his own castle that he didn’t even hear someone knocking on the door. 

Getting impatient, the knocking got louder, causing Ludwig to accidentally mess up one of the notes to the piano version of the theme he was working on. 

Growling, Ludwig glared at the door. 

He sighed in annoyance, thinking that perhaps Fawful had tried coming back. 

Or maybe his giant pig minion was angry that his boss was thrown out through the window and was coming to confront him about it. 

Rolling his eyes, Ludwig got up from his seat and walked over to the door, feeling his flame pipe heat up as he prepared to blow a fireball. 

He grabbed the door handle and swung the door open as he growled, about to yell at the Beanish or his giant pig minion to leave his castle, but was startled when he realized who was really on the other side. 

“LUDDY!!!” screamed Junior and the twins in unison, the three quickly jumping forward and wrapping their arms around him in the tightest group hug they could. 

Ludwig’s eyes widened when he realized it had only been his siblings, feeling the burning sensation in his flame pipe disappearing. 

“Why the fuck do yo' look so shocked ta see us? Yo' knew we were comin' bcuz' we contacted yo' just a few hours ago” said Roy teasingly, chuckling. 

He, Morton, Larry and Wendy all walked in, Morton closing the door behind him. 

“Yeah! I mean, it HAD been just a few hours, so you shouldn’t have forgotten that quickly. But then again, I can’t blame you if you happened to have been doing something else and you were so busy with it that you forgot that we were coming. Wow! It’s so dark in here, too! You sure do like living in the darkness, like a vampire! *gasp* You’re not a vampire, are you!? No, you couldn’t be since vampires have two fangs sticking out of their mouths and you only have one!” exclaimed Morton. 

Larry just crossed his arms and stared at the largest Koopaling blankly, he and Roy both having two fangs sticking out their mouths, while Iggy and Morton both had four. 

Morton seemed to take notice of this, now deflating slightly when he realized what he had rambled on about. 

“Oh…” he muttered, now looking down. 

Ludwig managed to finally get free from Junior and the twins’ tight hug, disliking tight hugs that lasted too long. 

He was alright with hugs in general, he just felt like they shouldn’t last longer than a few seconds.