Ch.41

With Ludwig: 

It was the next day, and the oldest Koopaling was making a new painting to replace the one he burned last night. 

Deciding to take a break, Ludwig sighed, smiling as he examined his work so far. 

He was using actual red paint this time, and he was painting it himself, not as Kooky. 

If he was being honest, burning the painting from last night felt good, making him feel better now that he was rid of it. 

“Hmm...perhaps I schoult burn zis one, too. I do feel much better after burnink ze other one, konsiderink I hat paintet it to projekt my desire for death ant sufferink. It felt reliefink paintink ant zen burnink ze zing, like a partial veight hat been liftet off my schoulders” admitted Ludwig, smiling. 

The gears in his head then began turning. 

Maybe if he projected his mental instability into art and music, he would be able to get it out of his system much quicker than he would actually kill someone.  

With the thought in his head, Ludwig quickly rushed over to his room, taking his journal out of his shell and opening it to a new page as he took a seat at his desk. 

He had begun writing down his progress, being proud of himself for not killing anyone in a long time, minus those Parabeetles. 

Ludwig frowned. 

He had gone nearly two months without having killed anything, but then his Kooky side got the best of him and he snapped, catching maybe two or three Parabeetles and harvesting their blood to make a painting.

He sighed and shook his head, finishing with writing down his thoughts before closing the journal and putting it back into his shell.

Leaving his bedroom and heading back to the living room, Ludwig halted in his tracks, horrified when he saw Fawful examining the new painting he was making. 

“Myself'm moving to be honest with you. Myself thinks I have the appreciation for the other painting more than this one, on that sense this you use real bleed instead for redden painted. It give it that sense for realism as opposed to this one” said Fawful, grinning. 

Ludwig was speechless, having thought that the Beanish and his pig minion had both left Cloud Land after he had threatened to kill them as Kooky.

“Myself looking to see you are speechless. Allow me formally to apologise for intruding in yours lovely castle. Myself must said, myself will appreciation with a method old and the decrepit rested for castle looks, and yours style chosen for the second floor living quarters is of magnificence” said Fawful. 

Ludwig had no idea what to say. 

He quickly shook his head and growled, taking his wand out of his shell and aiming it at the Beanish. 

“Hov dit you efen get in here? I keep zat door lokked, ant ze vindovs are too high for you klimb in here vith. Explain to me, nov, or I vill zrov you off ze edge of Clout Lant ant vatch you fall to your death. I'm sure ze citizens of Muschroom Kingdom voult really appreciate a small, useless bug such as yourself shplatterink on ze grount” threatened Ludwig, feeling a burning sensation in his flame pipe, preparing to blow a fireball. 

He didn’t even know which spell he was trying to use last night, but he didn’t want to try it again this time, considering he didn’t want to accidentally destroy anything in his castle. 

Fawful just chuckled, not even flinching when Ludwig had pulled his wand out and aimed it at him. 

“You are of making me laugh. My minion throw me in the through window!” exclaimed Fawful, smiling proudly.