Ch.13

With Ludwig: 

Having completely forgotten what he had done, he and Junior finally made it to the planning room after walking the long way in a slow pace. 

It had been nearly thirty minutes since they left Ludwig’s room, and the oldest Koopaling felt like he and Junior had really bonded after he had reassured the youngest Koopaling that nobody hated him for acting like an annoying brat sometimes. 

As the two entered, Ludwig gasped and managed to quickly duck down, pushing Junior’s head down so they BOTH wouldn’t get hit with the fireball that had come flying their way.

“Where WERE you two, and WHY were you taking SO LONG TO GET HERE!?” yelled Bowser angrily, clenching his fists. 

The other Koopalings were sitting around the circular table, the thing having been set back up and cleaned. They were all sitting on new chairs that had replaced the ones Bowser broke. Even the old planning board was gone, having also been replaced with a new, unburned one.

Roy was sitting with his arms crossed, glaring at the two from behind his sunglasses. Morton and Larry both looked relieved that the two had finally made it. Wendy was using a nail file to file her claws, making sure they were both sharp and perfectly maintained. The twins were both smiling, happy to see that the two had made it. 

Junior gulped, a little frightened that he was on the receiving end of Bowser’s anger. Bowser rarely showed any anger towards the youngest Koopaling, normally showering him with praises for a job well done, even if they do lose a fight against the Mario brothers. 

Ludwig placed a gentle hand on his youngest brother’s shoulder, causing him to get startled and look up at him. 

Ludwig smiled and gave a reassuring nod that everything would be alright. 

Ludwig returned his attention to Bowser, the Koopa King standing with his hands on his hips and glaring at them, waiting for an answer.

“I apologise for takink too lonk. I vas hafink trouble fixink my hair ant it took longer zan I hat anticipatet. Junior hat decidet to shtay ant help me, but ve are both here nov, so let us begin zis meetink so ve kan go bakk to bet bekause it's too early ant I barely got any sleep last night” said Ludwig, keeping his hand on Junior’s shoulder and guiding him to the final two empty seats that were around the table, walking past their father without even glancing at him. 

Bowser sighed, pinching the bridge of his snout and shaking his head in annoyance, the two taking their seats. 

“Alright kids. I sent Kamek and Kammy to continue the investigation as to who murdered that Koopa Troopa. As you all know, the corpse was probably meant to be disposed of in the lava pit, but had landed on a small ledge instead. Iggy and his pet just happened upon it during Chomperette's early morning walk. Iggy, I am sorry you had to be the one to find the corpse, son. If you want, I can give you and Chomperette a free pass to stay home for the next mission” said Bowser, walking over to the new planning board, smiling when he glanced over at the tallest Koopaling. 

Iggy thought about it for a minute before smiling, nodding. 

“I SHALL ACCEPT YOUR OFFEEER, DEAR FATHER OF MIIIINE!” announced Iggy loudly, clearly accepting the offer. 

Roy, who had been sitting beside Iggy on his left, growled and nudged him roughly. 

This caused Iggy to double over, clutching his side in pain.

“OWWW! My APPENDIX!” whined Iggy, his voice sounding strained as he clutched the area his appendix would be. 

Ignoring Iggy’s pain and returning his attention back to the matter at hand, Bowser continued speaking.