Ch.45

With Fawful: 

The Beanish had managed to make it to Dark Land via a bird he had birdnapped, a fully grown raven to be exact. 

It was the fastest way to travel, since they were in Cloud Land, and the kingdom on the clouds was always moving around, so they were currently passing over Jungle Land. 

Fawful had found a bird large enough so he could ride on its back, albeit with resistance, having trouble flying the bird in the right direction he wanted it to fly. 

As they approached the castle of the Koopa King under the cover of night, Fawful accidentally flew the bird downward too fast, causing the bird to screech in objection as it flew through one of the open windows, causing it to throw the Beanish off its back. 

Fawful refrained from screaming, getting thrown face-first into the wall as the bird began panicking and flapping its wings. 

The Beanish groaned in pain as he sat up, clutching his head as he felt the throbbing sensation fade away. He then made sure that he still had his satchel, having brought it in case he found anything useful in the archives. He currently had Ludwig’s wand in the bag, the thing partially sticking out. 

He then jumped in fright when he heard the sound of something loud crashing to the floor. 

He looked over in the direction the crash had come from, seeing that the large bird had knocked over a suit of Koopa armor in its blind panic trying to find a way out of the castle. 

The crash had startled it, causing it to panic even more as it began causing a ruckus. 

The Beanish gasped when he heard the sound of running footsteps quickly approaching. 

Quickly getting up and running to one of the large red curtains hanging on the wall nearby, Fawful hid behind it. 

Just in time, too, because only a second later, two Koopa Troopa guards and a Goomba came running around the corner to see what had made the loud noise. 

They were quite shocked to see a large raven panicking, flapping its wings and trying to find a way out, accidentally knocking over some of the decorative golden barrels before flying into the wall several times. 

“Quickly! Get that bird out before someone wakes up from the loud noises it’s causing!” exclaimed the Goomba, hopping a few times. 

The two Koopa Troopa guards nodded before quickly rushing over to the bird, attempting to scare it towards the window it had flown in through. 

Fawful, who had been peeking out from behind the curtain, couldn’t help but chuckle, watching the two guards scramble as they tried getting the bird out whole the Goomba attempted to bark orders. 

Fawful jumped in fright, quickly ducking behind the curtain when he heard the loud booming voice of the second largest Koopaling rounding the corner. 

“WHAT DA FUCK BE GOIN' ON HERE!? What the fuck r' yo' three fools doin' dat’z keepin' me from listenin' ta my fuckin' music dis late at night?” demanded the second largest Koopaling, walking right by the curtains Fawful was hiding behind, crossing his arms and standing a few meters away from what was going on. 

Peeking his head out from behind the curtains once more, Fawful watched, wanting to see what would happen now that one of the Koopalings was here. 

“P-Prince Roy!” exclaimed one of the guards, the two Koopa Troopas stopping what they were doing and standing at attention upon the arrival of the second largest Koopaling. 

The Goomba rushed over, standing just in front of the two Koopa Troopas. 

“Our apologies, Prince Roy. It appears this bird had accidentally flown in through the window. We were just trying to get it out before it woke anyone up. We had no idea you were still awake” explained the Goomba, bowing his head as he began sweating nervously.