Ch.15

With Ludwig: 

Ludwig and Junior were both looking down at the Mushroom Kingdom, the airship flying towards Peach’s castle. 

Ludwig looked back at Bowser, seeing that his father was still scowling. 

Ludwig returned his attention back down at the Mushroom Kingdom, seeing that the airship was passing over Toad Village. 

Several Toads who had been outside caught sight of the airship, some screaming and running in fear, thinking that the Koopa King was here to kidnap Princess Peach yet again. 

And so soon, too. 

Peach was standing out on her balcony, having run out to see what the commission was all about. 

She gasped, two Toad guards coming to stand on either side of her, holding their spears out protectively. 

Bowser parked his airship beside the castle, jumping down and landing on the balcony a few meters away from Peach, the princess having backed away slightly. 

Junior also jumped down, landing on the balcony on Bowser’s left side, grinning, unable to help but cackle at the cool entrance they were doing.

Ludwig rolled his eyes and scowled, taking his wand out of his shell and using a levitation spell to lower himself down, gently landing on the balcony on Bowser’s right. 

“Alright King Bowser, you’re not getting away with kidnapping the princess so soon. We’re going to-” started one of the Toad guards, glaring at the Koopa King and his eldest and youngest sons. 

Bowser sighed, rolling his eyes. 

“Save the speech. I’m not here to kidnap the princess this time. I’m here to ask you some questions” growled Bowser, some smoke puffing out of his nose. 

Peach was confused, relaxing slightly when Bowser said this. 

“Questions?” asked Peach, tilting her head to the side. 

The first Toad guard frowned, pointing his spear at Bowser, glaring. 

“Not a chance. This could be some kind of a trick, princess, you run and we’ll distract them” said the first Toad guard. 

The second Toad nodded, also pointing his spear at the Koopa King. 

Ludwig and Junior both jumped forward quickly, each grabbing one of the two spears pointed at their father, pulling them out of the two guards’ grasps. 

Junior chuckled, throwing the spear he grabbed off the edge of the balcony. 

Ludwig snapped the spear he grabbed in half before tossing the it aside, scowling as he glared at the two Toad guards who were now trembling with fear. 

Peach reassured the two, seeing how scared they looked. 

“It’s ok. What questions do you wish for me to answer, Bowser?” asked Peach, returning her attention to the Koopa King, the two Koopalings stepping back and returning to his side. 

Bowser sighed. 

“Someone had...murdered one of my Koopa Troopa the night before, and then last night one of my Hammer Bros disappeared. I have come to ask if you, or anyone you may know, had been the one responsible for the attacks. I only ask because we’re considered the enemy, and I do not wish for any of my kids to get hurt or murdered” said Bowser, getting straight to the point. 

Peach and the two guards gasped, shocked and horrified by what Bowser had said. 

Peach shook her head, regaining herself.