Ch.26

With Ludwig: 

It’s been two hours since Ludwig had been locked in the underground prison, with no hope of getting free. 

He had no wand, so he couldn’t use any magic. 

And he was in an underground prison, someplace where nobody even remembered existed. 

All he could do was wait until dawn, and the Koopalings would tell Bowser of what he had done. 

They would show him the journal he had been writing in for the past few days, documenting his slow decline into madness. 

They would also show him the lab, all the corpses, blood and organs littering the room. He didn't even know if the Boomerang Bro was still alive, having left him in the lab bleeding to death with multiple large needles puncturing his body.

Ludwig had remained where he was seated, unable to move due to the terrible feeling deep in his chest. 

It was the betrayal. 

The Koopalings, his siblings, had all betrayed him. 

They had all chosen to lock him up in a prison cell and were more than willing to watch him die. 

Bowser had made them a promise. 

That he would execute whoever had been behind the murder of the Koopa Troopa. 

Ludwig could still hear how enraged the Koopa King was when Kamek and Kammy had informed him of the second murder, and then the eight disappearences the day before. 

Bowser had nearly burned down their planning room for the second time this month. 

He hated to imagine what Bowser would do to him when he found out that HE had been the murderer, having killed all ten gaurds.

What bothered Ludwig the most was the fact that he had been hiding his Kooky side really well. 

How could the other Koopalings find out so quickly? 

He decided not to think about it. 

He was surely going to die soon, so there was no point. 

He had murdered ten guards, so he would have to be punished for taking away their lives. 

He didn’t even THINK of the possibility that they had families. 

He was so into the killing, the thought never even crossed his mind. 

All he knew was that he was a murder, and he enjoyed it. 

The oldest Koopaling lifted his head and looked down at the stone floor, resting his chin on his knees as he hugged them close. 

Would his execution be public? 

Or would it only be strictly within the castle walls? 

Either way, his family was going to watch him die. 

Either by gallows or the electrocution chair. 

It didn’t matter to him which it would be. 

He felt his head twitch slightly. 

His siblings would be more than relieved to watch him die. 

They were willingly allowing their eldest brother to suffer the consequences of what he had done. 

He thought that maybe Iggy, Lemmy, Junior and Larry would be on his side, to at least try to understand what he was going through. 

But they didn’t.