Ch.5

With Ludwig: 

The oldest Koopaling was sitting at the dining room table, the other Koopalings and their father also sitting and eating lunch. 

He was looking down at his plate, poking at the food with his fork, having zoned out. 

Roy and Morton, the two largest Koopalings, were sitting beside each other. 

They were both keeping a close eye on their older brother, taking notice of his lack of appetite. 

They both exchanged glances, Morton looking worried and Roy raising a suspicious eyebrow. 

Bowser, who had just finished eating, glancing around the table and saw that the others were nearly done as well. 

As his eyes passed over Ludwig, he had to do a double-take, slightly confused as to why his eldest son hadn’t eaten. 

“Not hungry today, Ludwig?” asked Bowser, frowning slightly. 

Ludwig was startled, jumping in fright, not expecting anyone to say anything. 

He shook his head and regained his focus, sighing. 

“Yes, I suppose I am not as hungry as I zought I am. I'm sorry, father” said Ludwig, bowing his head. 

Bowser scoffed, waving him off. 

“Yeah, yeah. Whatever you say. Happens to the best of us. You can save it for later, in case you do get hungry” said Bowser. 

Ludwig nodded in understanding, putting his fork down and crossing his arms. 

Bowser sighed, unsure of what to make of his eldest son's behavior lately. 

“Alright, kids. I have to go get the airship back from the Mushroom Kingdom seeing as how the Mario brothers hadn’t returned it yet. Kamek and Kammy will be coming with me, so I want you ALL to be on your best behavior. And remember, meet in the training room so Ludwig could PROPERLY mentor you all on Koopa Magic. If I hear that even ONE of you skipped, you’re all grounded” said Bowser, getting up from the table and walking over to the doorway. 

He crossed his arms when he saw that they were all glancing away. 

He sighed, shrugging, assuming that they had heard. 

“We’ll be back in a few hours. DON’T destroy the training room” said Bowser, turning and leaving the room, going to go find the two Magikoopas so they could teleport to the Mushroom Kingdom.

Ludwig sighed, getting up from his seat as a Koopa Troopa came over and took his plate, going back to the kitchen to wrap up his food for later. 

Ludwig didn’t even feel the two gazes on him as he left the room, Roy and Morton not taking their eyes off of him until he was completely out of sight. 

The two exchanged glances again, nodding. 

Time Skip: 

Ludwig was waiting in the large training room, hoping that the other Koopalings would come. 

He sighed in annoyance, NOT wanting to do this, but he had no choice. 

Perhaps he would be able to get his siblings to actually learn some new spells? 

He doubted that, though, considering they had all neglected to learn anything new. Only he and Junior were the only ones who had bothered to keep up with their studies. Sometimes Junior would miss a few subjects, but that was only because he was always off scheming with Bowser, the two of them kidnapping Peach on their own and then getting defeated by Mario.