Ch.20

With the Koopalings: 

The Koopalings were all in Roy’s room, having made it to the emergency meeting around 10:00pm. 

Roy was sitting at his desk, having turned his chair around so he was facing the others. 

Morton, Wendy and Lemmy were sitting on his bed, Iggy was sitting on the floor and tapping his claws together nervously, and Larry was leaning the back of his shell against the wall beside the bed. 

Everyone was silent, nobody knowing what to say. 

Roy sighed, his arms crossed as he shook his head. 

Looks like he’s going to have to start the meeting. 

“Alright y'all. First thangz first. Iggy, did yo' find any useful information on da laptop pertainin' ta da situation? Anythin' at all?” asked Roy, turning his attention to the tallest Koopaling. 

Everyone glanced down at Iggy, causing him to gulp, sweating nervously. 

“U-Uh...weeeEEEELLLlllll….no” said Iggy bluntly, grinning at first, but then frowned. 

Everyone either gasped or began muttering angrily. 

Roy sighed in annoyance, pinching the bridge of his snout.

“Care ta explain?” asked Roy, returning his attention to Iggy. 

The tallest Koopaling nodded, pushing his glasses up so they were resting on his snout properly. 

“Nnnyeeesss, well….you see, I have downloaded all of the files that were on the laptop to my computer. I have gone through every single file, but found nothing pertaining to the sitation we are currently dealing with. They’re all just files on invention ideas and several 3D models. I must admit, they are all well constructed and planned out, and some are even refined and edited so well that they can actually be built. I think I may just build some of them, too” said Iggy, frowning at first, but then smiled when he mentioned the inventions he had seen. 

Roy frowned, staring at Iggy. 

Seeing this, Iggy sighed and nodded. 

“Buuuuut, since they are Ludwig’s inventions, he would surely know that he was the one who designed them...so by building them, Ludwig will know that someone had been through his laptop” said Iggy in defeat, nodding in understanding. 

Roy nodded. 

“Alright, good. Me n' Morton had discovered dat both tha Koopa Troopa n' Hamma Bro had both been on patrol in tha south wing, but on different floors” explained Roy. 

Morton smiled and nodded. 

“Yeah, and apparently Ludwig has a lab in the basement of the castle, like he did in the other one. And the stairs to the basement are in the south wing” said Morton. 

Roy nodded. 

“Alright, so that’s our only piece of evidence against him?” asked Wendy, looking bored as she glanced up from her phone. 

Morton sighed, nodding. 

Larry perked up. 

“Oh! When I was putting the laptop back in his room, I had to hide under his bed because I heard footsteps approaching-” started Larry, but the other Koopalings gasped in shock. 

“You were in his room at the same time he was!?” exclaimed Lemmy, looking scared. 

“AND he didn’t catch you!?” exclaimed Iggy, clutching his head in horror.