Ch.46

With Ludwig: 

The oldest Koopaling had been trying to think of some way to escape. 

He had been keeping track of the time in his head, knowing that his siblings had left an hour before dinner, and the giant pig minion had mentioned it’s been five hours since. 

That meant it would have probably been around 11:00pm when he woke up, so it was probably closer to midnight now. 

Ludwig sighed, hanging his head. 

He then perked up when he saw that he had been tied up with ropes. 

Ludwig smirked, feeling his flame pipe heat up before blowing a small fireball down at the ropes. 

The ropes burned up quickly, snapping. 

The oldest Koopaling refrained from cheering as he quickly jumped up, smiling excitedly. 

“Zose idiots, tyink me up vith ropes insteat of chains. Forgot zat ve kan blov fireballs, I see” said the oldest Koopaling, feeling proud and boastful at the moment. 

He then frowned, shaking his head. 

He can be proud and boastful all he wanted AFTER he got back to his castle and activated the skewer traps. 

Ludwig had to focus on the task at hand, and that’s escaping from the storage building and getting to his castle first. 

He would have to retrieve his wand later. 

Maybe he could try using the communication spell without his wand, seeing as how he had managed to use a spell that had momentarily enhanced his strength a few months ago. 

It had been difficult, and had drained a lot of his energy at the time, but hopefully he would be able to get a quick communication out to one of his siblings before that happened. 

Ludwig walked over to the door, grabbing the doorknob and gently turning it. 

Still locked. 

But, if there was something he had learned from Roy, it was to sometimes use brute force. 

Taking a moment to listen for any sounds on the other side of the door, Ludwig hoped that the giant pig minion wasn’t nearby. 

Taking a few deep breaths and preparing himself for what he was about to do, Ludwig raised his elbow and slammed it down once on the doorknob. 

Nothing happened the first time, so he did it twice more before the doorknob finally broke, popping the lock, the entire thing coming loose and free on his side of the door. 

Ludwig smiled when he saw that brute force had worked, slowly opening the door and peeking outside. 

His eyes widened when he saw that the giant pig minion was asleep on a pile of crates, snoring loudly. 

It was a wonder how he hadn’t heard the sound of the doorknob breaking. 

Ludwig shook his head and focused on escaping, silently exiting the room and making sure to close the door before sticking close to the wall, slowly and silently making his way to the exit.

Halfway across the room. Ludwig had to quickly duck behind some shelves in order to hide, watching as Fawful made a grand entrance as he returned from Dark Land. 

With Fawful: 

The Beanish was still riding on the back of the big raven, accidentally flying in through one of the windows, smashing through the glass and falling to the floor.