Namjoon 2020 Birthday Special Imagine

Namjoon x pastry chef Reader

Word count: 3383

..............................................................

Reader POV

"Y/N! Come here quick!"

You dashed out of the room like an 'abort mission', breathing heavily as you reached to stand in front of the head chef.

"Yes, ma'am, you called?"

The messily dressed woman with stray blonde wisps sticking out of her chef's hat looked you up and down before frowning.

"Didn't bother to clean yourself up?"

You immediately looked down at your attire, finding it blotched with spots of flour and cream.

"Sorry, ma'am. I'll clean up," you replied looking apologetic, while you had to bite your tongue from letting out a snarky comment instead.

Scoffing in your direction, the woman pulled opened a page in the blue register and read out, "Chocolate cake with fruit décor, extra small, no whipped cream. By 9 am."

You nodded, understanding.

"A company has asked for it. The name sounds like a big one, so level it up, got it?"

"Yes, ma'am!"

And she held the register out for you to take, prompting you to grab it from her hands. Once she had left your sight, you looked down at the order. Well, for a small cake, there were a lot of designs asked, and several candles too. When your eyes spotted the company that had ordered, you frowned. 'Big Hit Entertainment'.

"Hmm.....I swear I've heard this name before...." You mused.

Your boss was right. It did sound like a big company, an entertainment one at that too.

Shrugging, you started heading towards the kitchen at the back.

You were a chef at one of the best pastry houses in the city, so it wasn't a new thing to get orders from big companies. In fact, you loved working on orders like those, because it made you feel somewhat important; some privileged person would be eating your cake. Smiling, you got to work. It was a simple cake, but simple ones were the ones that could go wrong very easily, so you put your utmost care into making it. In about two hours, a small, delicious looking chocolate cake topped with fruits and designs as requested sat on top of the aluminum base, ready to be boxed over. You were already too used to seeing beautiful, and sometimes terribly tempting pastries be covered up and handed over to someone else, so you waited on the stool behind the counter with practiced grace, eyes trained on anything but the cake.

It was five minutes to 9 am when the bells jingled, signaling someone at the door. You stood up from your seat with a wide smile.

"Goodmorning! Welcome to Jellycakes!"

"Ah, hi. I.....we ordered a cake. Small, chocolate one," said the man that had come in, holding out a piece of paper with scribblings all over it.

You nodded, taking the paper from his hand and going over the words on it. Your boss's scribblings which would have looked like a whole other language to someone else made clear sense to you, and you nodded again, placing the piece of paper on the counter before going to pull the uncovered chocolate cake over.

"Is this the one?" you asked showing it to the customer, who nodded his vigorously.

You nodded back, and made quick work of the box cover, before placing it in a packet and signaling over to the payment counter.