Jimin 2020 Birthday Special Imagine

Jimin x Waitress Reader

Word Count: 4275

Warnings: None

Enjoy!

....................................................................................

A bright Monday morning, and you woke up with a smile. The day and date smiled back at you from your phone's lock screen, making you sigh in satisfaction. Mondays had recently become your favorite days, and intentionally or not, you always greeted Mondays with a huge smile. Jumping out of bed, you got into your tiny bathroom and started up with your morning routine. Today was an important day for you and you made sure to wear a particularly nice outfit and style your hair up prettily. Of course, you dressed yourself up pretty well every Monday, but this Monday, you needed to look top-notch. Once you were satisfied with the way you looked, you grabbed your lucky white handbag, wore your favorite white sneakers and headed out. On most days you'd take the subway to work, but on this day you had no intention to arrive all sweaty at your workplace, so you decided to take a taxi. You'd already called for one the moment you'd gotten up so now all you had to do was wait for the driver to arrive in front of your building. You didn't have to wait too long either because just five minutes after you got down from your apartment, your taxi arrived. In no time at all, you'd reached your workplace and stood outside the entrance, the perfect image of a beautiful young lady there to have breakfast at a renowned restaurant. You held your head high as you entered the restaurant and walked all the way till the tables at the back, before quietly slipping through a door titled 'staff only'.

"Y/N, that you?" you heard Sujin call out from behind a rack of staff uniforms. "I've been waiting- woah! Y/N!" Her eyes had turned wide. You felt the heat rise to your cheeks. Had you dressed up too much? Or was it the makeup? "Y/N! OMG, you look like an absolute goddess!"

You smiled, embarrassed. "Is it too much?" "No! OMG, you're perfect!" Sujin cried out. She rushed up to you, looking you up, down and all over, and then clasped her hands in happiness. "I'm so proud of you!" Her voice had reached a high pitch and the smile on her face was as wide as ever. You laughed. "Thanks! I mean, I didn't really do much.....I just applied a bit more makeup.....and wore this," you said, gesturing to your rib-knit body hugging red dress. "It's not just that, Y/N," your friend said, voice much calmer now. She took a step closer and placed her hands on your shoulders, giving you her signature motherly smile. "It's the confidence. Your brimming with it. Excitement and confidence. They're making you glow so much more than usual." Your felt your heart swell with happiness and pride. Sujin had been your best friend for the past three years now and you couldn't help but feel proud of the fact that she was your best friend and no one else's. Although you always seemed to wonder what you'd done to deserve her. Throwing your hands over her shoulders, you crushed her in a hug. "Love you," you whispered as she hugged you back.

As you threw your black apron over your pretty dress and placed the black uniform beret on your head, you felt yourself begin to get nervous. Just as Sujin had said, you'd been looking as well as feeling pretty confident the entire ride over to the restaurant you worked at, but now that you were here, your hands started to sweat. You were going to do something today. Something apart from the usual taking of orders and serving of food to the customers. Something you'd never imagined you'd be doing at any point in your life. Biting your lip, you turned to your friend who was adjusting her apron in front of a full-length mirror. "Sujinie, should I really go through with it?" You frowned. There were a million things that could go wrong with what you were planning to do today. You found yourself questioning the entire reason behind why you'd even decided to do it in the first place. Sujin turned to you, an eyebrow raised. "Y/N-"

"Girls! Get out here! We've got an influx!" someone called from outside the door of the room and the two of you quickly exchanged a look before rushing out. The moment you stepped into the kitchen, you found Mr. Leaf, the head waiter, frantically barking out orders across the room. "W-what happened?" you asked Chaeyoung, one of the recently recruited waitresses. She turned to you, eyes widening slightly as she took you in, before saying, "Do you know BTS?" That wasn't something you'd expected to hear. "W-why?" you asked as you found your voice. "They're here." And your eyes widened.