Chapter 4

"Ya Rahma, you've been crying non-stop since yesterday you came back from Abba's place. Is he going to disown you?" Basma asked, with a sarcastic tone.

Rahma nodded are head in a No gesture and try to wipe her tear.

"Toh apart from that I'd didn't see the reason why you should be crying like this, you know it doesn't suit you" she added.

"Abba is getting me married in next three month" She burst.

"What? To who? Why?" Both Basma and mardiya asked at the same time with the same expression written over their faces.

"You can't be serious about this right? Ya Rahma. "

"I'm serious, and he said if I don't have anyone he will arrange me with someone," she said amidst of her tears.

"And did you agree? I mean to let him arrange with someone you don't know?"Mardiya asked eagerly.

"You surely know I won't, you know how I despise that arrange marriage. I told him I have someone" she shrugged.

"And who is that?" They both asked again.

"I don't know just let me be," she said lying back on the bed.

"Why not accept that guy Ya Rahma, at least you said you like him too and his even asking you out," Mardiya said.

"You think? Because I'm afraid, his too handsome not to be a player. You know most of them are." Rahmat exclaim.

"Well we can't say, but just as you said most of them and not all of them, we can try him. And I'm sure is for real." Mardiya said and Basma also agrees with her.

"Uhm I will think about it girls, thank you," she said appreciatively.

"Anything for big sis" they chorus and she joins them in laughing.

Later in the afternoon, they all went to the kitchen and cook lunch. After they were done they serve their self some and went back to the room to continue with their gist since their parent was still not back from work.

Alhaji Muhammad is the director of NCRI Bida, Niger state. While his wife Hajiya Raliya is a lecturer of the college of education Minna.

Minna and Bida is now a normal routine road for Alhaji Muhammad since his family stay in Minna while he works in Bida.

"This how I love local jello, no parboiling, just had everything at once and don't forget dry fish. "Rahma complimented.

"You know after your marriage, we will surely miss your cooking than any other thing," Basma said.

"You better start getting acquainted with kitchen from now on because mardiya is already in her final year and will soon get marry too unexpectedly like mine."

"Ya Rahma sees how you're even talking as if you're already married, please save your advice until you get married," Basma said and earn a knock on her head.

"Ya Mardiya, you better start searching for a guy now too oh," Basma said.

"Parent normally surprise me fa walahi, 'when you get admission into a tertiary institution all they advise you is to face your study and don't mingle with guys or what so ever, to the extend of telling you no dating, and then when you finish school they expect you to present a suitor," Mardiya stated.

"Maybe the suitor is coming down from the sky" Basma added.

"Let umma come and hear you girls, I will just pretend to be asleep you know," Rahma said.

"But seriously, on a serious note they should better change that mentality, And let us have fun," Basma said dramatically.

"Miss fun Weldone!"