Chapter 6

"I called you all here to inform you about the marriage preparation" Alhaji Muhammad said calmly. And rahma heart skip a beat, she couldn't believe Abba was hellbent on getting her married immediately after her POP. But to who? After all she haven't even present Aliyu to him talk more of proposing.

"Marriage preparation? With who?" She asked swiftly hoping her father has not just give her hand out to someone else.

"With your fiance of course. I already accepted the proposal without needing to asked you again, since you both love each other and the good news is that I like him for you because you're in a better hand. Aliyu's father, Alhaji Ibrahim Rabiu was my old best friend and I trust him to hand over my daughter to them after all it was your choice which make it more easy.

"But Abba, how did you even know he was the one?" Rahma asked curiously.

"Well your mother told me about him, and his father came also and told me about his son proposal" he reply.

She turn to look at her mum for any ckue before fixing her gaze back at her father"But Abba, I'm not ready for marriage," she said while her tears betray her.

"While it been concluded and the date as already been fixed. You will be fleeing to Dubai for your marriage shopping together with your sisters. Have book all your ticket, get ready you're all leaving for Abuja tomorrow, to sleep over in your Aunty house, because your flight will be taken off next tomorrow by 11pm."their father said.

To say rahma and her sisters were shocked was an understatement, she couldn't even believed her own ear. "Is Abba really serious about all this" she asked no other but herself. Everything happen so fast who could she blame after all? if not Aliyu for bringing the proposal even after pleading with him to wait for sometimes.

"Abba so when is the date fixed?" Mardiya now asked after several minute of silent, still trying to swallow the numb that foam in her throat too.

"On the 5th of October next month" he said.

"Abba!" Rahma called in high pitch voice." Are you really tired of seeing me in this house? That you want to get rid of me so fast by marrying me off within just two weeks?" She asked tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Rahma will you just calm down and not talk back at your father that way?" Hajiya Raliya warn.

"Seem you're getting this other way round Rahma, I'm not getting you marry because am tired of you or rather want to get ride of you soon. I'm getting you marry because that is the best, like I said before marriage is half of your deen. It is a reward you will get and also we as your parent will. It is said that when a girl reaches the age of marriage they should get her married. What more did you want to achieved in life that you haven't if not for marriage Rahma. You grow up fine, with a good background, finish your school and even complete your service and yet you think you're not ready to get married? Then what will you be doing? I should allow you to have a job first? Did you think a guy will approach you after all this? Did you think they will continue to rush to you just as they do now? No they won't Rahma everything in this life as it limit time. There is a certain age you will get and you will become a spinster with no suitor. Did you know your limit time on earth? Did you know when your soul would be taken out of your body? Did you know maybe by the time you're ready I will be no more or you will be no more? No, you don't know any of this that why you have to be scared of it Rahma. It will be a great sin on me if I die without getting you all married because you're all of age. For the sake of Allah get married let me have that peace of mind that at least have married one of my daughter out happily." Alhaji Muhammad said the last sentence with a lot sadness.

What could be her reason again? The emotion she felt at the moment was so much she couldn't stop crying, everything her father said got deep within her, it reawaken the fear of losing any of her parent. All she ever wanted is to make her parent happy and see that satisfying smile on their face. She stood up and wrapped her hand on her father, beseeching how sorry she was for not looking at everything from that perspective, and how she talk rudely.

Our Fate✔  (Completed)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें