6

POV: Dumbledore

"Ah, she doesn't know her heritage of death. A slytherin by blood." said the hat.

"I can't be a slytherin. I'm smart and kind and brave! That's what it said at first! And my parents are muggles." she said in denial.

"Ms. Taygeta. Are your parents really your parents?" I asked with urgency.

"As far as I know." she choked out through tears. "I- I dunno." she added.

"Minerva, bring them here." I turned to the professor. Mira began to sob. McGonagall turned and walked to the fire place. And with a large crack she disappeared. A set a cup of water in front of her and watched her drink it. Could she really be the one to destroy Slytherin?

"What is your full name, Mira?" I asked, putting on my glasses.

"Mira Aenigma Taygeta, why?" My eyes widened.

"Impossible." I mumbled, fumbling through my desk. Suddenly, I remembered she was still there. I straightened up so I wouldn't scare her more.

A loud crack rang through the room. My face went pale as Mira turned around to see only McGonagall.

"They're on vacation, Mira. When they come back we will notify you. Now go take your things from the Ravenclaw tower to the Slytherin common rooms, someone will show you to a bed." Mira stood up, nodded to the two of them, and left the room with tears still running down her face. After the door closed, Minerva handed me a singular sheet of paper.

"What is this?" I asked.

"The only thing left of their house," Minerva said. "It was burnt to the ground and this was laid on top of the ashes." I grabbed the paper and unfolded it.

'I will find her.' was scribbled on.

"What do we do?" asked Minerva.

"We wait" was all I said.