29

POV: Mira

"Pottah," The person behind me says. My eyes widen with anger as I grind my teeth together.

"Malfoy." Harry responds, equally as upset.

"May I steal Mira from you for a moment?" He says. Malfoy clearly does not want to talk to me, yet is still asking. I don't dare move. 

Harry looks at me and I fake a smile. Harry looks disappointed and walks away. Malfoy still holds my wrist behind me as he leads me outside of the great hall and around a corner into the men's laboratory. He closes the door behind us and let's go of my arm.

"What-" I say. His sudden movements cause me to lose my thought.

His hands squeeze my shoulders as he pushes me against the wall. His knee presses in between my legs and he looks down on me. In complete shock, I don't move. He brings his chin down and rests it on my shoulder. He whispers in my ear,

"Now what do you have this for?" he asks. The room was becoming increasingly warmer by the second. He is way too close to me. We're touching.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," I say, releasing a breath. It's still in the holster, I remind myself. He's slowly breathing on my neck.

"You really don't know what I'm talking about?" Malfoy asks, voice heavy with sarcasm.

Then I felt it. The point of the knife in my side. I trail my hand down to my thigh, where it was originally housed, to find it gone. I didn't even notice his hand when it moved from my shoulder to grab it.

He caught me. And he caught me well. I exhale.

He lifts his head and looks at the knife. His arm shifted from my shoulder to the wall above.

"See, I've got you all figured out," he whispers, trailing the knife from my side up my chest. He stops moving it at my throat and tilts my chin up with it. The point digs into my skin. He smiles, twisting the blade against my skin lightly enough to not inflict pain but present enough to assert a sense of dominance. 

His eyes shift from the tip of the blade to my eyes. My eyes watch his lips. I don't know what to say. I don't even know what to think. My mind is absolutely blank.

"How so?" I manage to say. He stabs the knife into the wall behind my head. I don't flinch. He doesn't move. His hand stays on the handle directly next to my head. 

"Why Potter?" he asks. Malfoy no longer smiles.

"What exactly do you mean?" I ask, playing dumb. I don't even know why I said that, he obviously knows what's going on. Or else I wouldn't be here, pinned to a wall. 

"Why kill him?" He sneers. I scoff. "Don't even try to deny it. You were caught red handed. And it wasn't even hard. I figured out the majority in only a few days' time. So I'll only repeat myself once," He pulls the knife from the wall and puts it back under my chin. "Why. Potter."

His eyes burn into my own. His icy blue eyes stare at me with such an intensity that I can't keep looking. 

I turn my head away from his gaze. My attention focuses on the doorknob to the bathroom. Literally what am I supposed to do right now. 

The knife presses into my skin harder. If I wasn't bleeding before, I might be now. I inhale sharply. It hurts a little.

"I haven't got all day Aenigma," he says. Out of the corner of my eye, I can see him squinting at me, trying to figure it out. 

The knob twists. Oh thank Merlin. 

"Malfoy, put it down." I whisper.

"You obviously do not understand how this works." he says. The blade trails over to the side of my chin. He forces me to turn my head back to look at him.