10

POV: Mira

A week later I went to Dumbledore's office in anger. He sat me down and brewed some tea for the both of us.

"How is Slytherin treating you, child?" he asked me with a blank face.

"Well." was all I managed to get out. The last thing I needed was to treat the headmaster with disrespect. We sat in silence as he studied my face.

"Is there a reason why you've turned cold, my dear?" he asked, looking away from me to reach for the pot. Taken aback by his question, I answer,

"No reason, sir." He poured some green, brown liquid into my cup and into his own. I grabbed the small handle and brought the edge of the cup to my lips. I drank in small sips as I waited for him to respond.

"Ah," he said sitting down, "but you have a right to be." Of course I did, my parents were completely neglecting me for the past months, I was being constantly bullied, and Dumbledore wouldn't offer me an explanation for the hat's words. "When Minerva arrived back from your house, she discovered this note." he said holding folded, manila paper up. "Upon reading, I came into contact with your parents immediately. We've held a few meetings and I've put them into hiding."

"Why is that?" I asked. Too many thoughts ran through my head. I kept composure, though. He didn't need to know what I was thinking or feeling.

"They made a terrible mistake," he stood with the cup in his hand.

"And what may that mistake be?" I inquired. Truthfully, whatever they had coming for them, they deserved. They've ruined people's lives saying that 'they knew what they got themselves into.' It's time they got a taste of their own medicine, even if it's not business related.

"You are not their child." he said simply. I suspected that when the sorting hat said my father attended Hogwarts, but hearing it out loud hurt. I was robbed of a childhood in which I could have had the attention I needed. 

"Whose am I then?" I asked curiously.

"Your real mother is your 'father's' sister." he said, pacing behind me. That just made it so much worse. I didn't even know 'dad' had siblings. "Your ability to stand up to those superior in society has caught many eyes. No muggleborn would ever dare say anything. Many Death Eater parents have found it to be a very curious thing," he continued, "Your real father and mother were very loyal to He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. And now that the death eaters have learned this and now know who you are, they seek to return you to your rightful family." I stopped listening after that. I am the child of death eaters. In all honesty, I wasn't all that upset about it. At least they would love me and have time for me, and best of all, not lie to me.

Dumbledore went on and on explaining to me how I can find my 'parents' for the summer while they're in hiding. I feel so betrayed. I am determined to find my real parents now.

Malfoy. He was the key to help me. After the headmaster finished his speech I thanked him and walked out to find the blonde. Arriving at the common room, I saw it to be empty. Taking a quick glance at the map, I realized that most students left for the summer holiday already. I walked up to my dorm and shut the door. I walked over to my bed and sat down. I massaged my temples and began to think up a plan.