30

POV: Mira

My heart races even faster. What just happened? My brain is literally being overloaded right now.

"Mira!" someone says, slapping their hand on my shoulder. I keep my face blank as I turn to face them. Red hair. 

"Fred. George." I say, acknowledging both of the boys. "May I be of assistance to either of you?"

"No." Fred says. I raise an eyebrow, obviously wanting to know why they're speaking to me. George takes the hint. 

"You've been standing here literally all alone in the middle of the room for an entire song." he says.

"There's so many boys wanting to dance with you." says Fred.

"I have a feeling you're not advocating for the group here. Why are you really here?" I ask. I stand head high. I remember people are watching me. No one can see or know that my entire plan has gone to disaster. They both sigh together. 

"Potter and Diggory both feel like they've done something to upset you."

"Hardly," I say. 

"That's not what Malfoy said to them." They both say. I frown.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I inquire. 

"All we will say is that they're all jealous over each other." says Fred.

"Basically, the boys are fightingggggg.'  George smiles. Fred smacks his twin on the side. I slowly back away from them before they start throwing punches. I don't need more drama tonight. I need fresh air. 

Desperately. I turn on my heal and make my way towards the courtyard. The clicks of my heels turn a few heads. I keep my eyes straight on the door. I can just feel my lungs ready to give out. 

I exit the confinement of the ball into the open night sky. I take deep breaths of the cool night air as I make my way to a hidden bench in the corner. 

"Mira!" someone shouts running behind me. I sigh. I really want to be left alone right now. I don't even turn to face them.

"Where are we going?" they say.

"We are not going anywhere." I say angerly. 

"You must be mental if you think you're going to get rid of me that easily." he reaches for my hand. "Come on, can we at least dance?" he asks. Cedric. I sigh realizing it's him. I keep hold of his hand. I give it a squeeze. 

"You look so beautiful tonight." he says. 

"You've already told me." I say.

"It seems like you needed a reminder." he says. He slowly spins me around to face him. His cheeks are pink because of the cold. It doesn't seem to effect me though. He brings his arms around me in a hug and begins to sway. 

I hate hugs. 

I fight the urge to push him away. I like him. I don't really want to ruin that. I move slowly with him. Dancing has become our thing. It's really the only thing we've done together.

The faint noises of the ball far away from us are calming. This is helping a little. I just need a moment to process everything Malfoy said. It's honestly not hitting me. 

I inhale the scent of Cedric's crisp suit. It's...musty? No, not musty. The sharp, burning smell of liquor. I scoff in disgust.

"Cedric." I say. "Are you drunk?"

"No." he laughs. He doesn't stop. Yes, yes he is drunk. I push away from him. 

"Mira, wait." he says pulling on my hand.