15

POV: Mira

"The Unforgivable Curses," says the professor underlining the words on the board. His back faced the class, meaning, we could sneak in unnoticed. "You're late Ms. Aenigma and Mr. Zabini." he adds, not turning around. The fuck. How'd he even see us come in? We take a seat right behind Malfoy and one of his goons.

"Each one of these will earn you a one way ticket to Azkaban," he pauses and turns to face us, "Now the ministry says you're too young to see what these curses do. I say different! You need to know what you're up against. You need to be prepared." he yells. The man that stands before the class is an odd looking man. He has a scar running down his cheek, with a fake eye strapped on top of it. His face was round, but saggy, and looked angry. His yellow hair fell around his face, reaching his chin. He looked both 40 and 60 at the same time.

"Now which one of these shall we discuss first? Weasley! Stand!" He yells at him. I heard the scratch of the chair legs on the floor as Ron stood.

"Yes, sir?" his voice quivered. I scoff. What a baby.

"Name one of the three!" the professor yells, turning around walking to his desk.

"The Imperious curse." Ron whispers. I turn and whisper to Zabini,

"Who is this?" I am truly intrigued.

"Alastor Moody, but people call him Mad eye." he whispers back, eyes not moving from the professor. Mad eye. Ha. Fitting, really, for the man. I focus my attention back to him at the front of the room. He pulls a glass lid off a container.

"Hello, little beauty," he says, putting his hand in the jar and bringing a creature up for us to see. He points his wand at the animal he holds, "Engorgio." he says. It suddenly grew to the size of his hand. A spider. I smile, remembering the Weasel's fear from last year.

"Imperio!" shouts the professor. He moves his wand around the classroom making the spider dance across the students; landing on their arms, chests, shoulders, and even heads. The classroom was filled with laughter. I wheeze when it landed on Ronald, evoking a high pitched scream from him. The professors laugh sounds devilish as he says,

"What shall I ever do next? Make it go out the window?" he questions waving his wand over the open window. The laughter dies down. It was no longer funny. He moves it over a pot of water, "drown herself?" he asks. He brings it back to his hand.

"Next curse?" he shouts. "Longbottom!" he says pointing to Neville in the front row.

"The Cruciatus curse." he stammers.

"The torture curse," Moody whispers with fascination,

"Crucio," he says pointing his wand at the spider. I am convinced the professor is insane. He's crazy. He's smiling while torturing a spider. I like him. Everyone in the class is now clearly uncomfortable.

"Stop it!" Granger shouts from the back of the room, "Can't you see it's bothering him?!" Neville looks close to tears.

"His parents were tortured with cruciatus to insanity," whispers Zabini. Oh. I do feel quite bad for him then, in that case. Moody takes the spider and brings it up to Granger. I sit at the edge of my seat, waiting for what happens next.

"Now, Ms. Granger, what is the last curse?" he inquires. She shakes her head with tears in her eyes. How dramatic. I opened my mouth to answer for her, but a green light flashed in the room.

"Avada Kedavra!" yelled Moody, pointing his wand at the now dead spider.

"The killing curse," he whispers, turning to face the rest of us. I nearly laugh. The look on Potter's face brought me so much joy. His fear was very apparent. He must've realized that that is what should've happened to him.

"There is only one person ever known to survive it," continues Moody, "and he's sitting in this room." he turns to Potter. I groan. Everything must always be about him. My fondness of the new professor diminished slightly, due to him bringing up the topic that no one could seem to shut up about. To think that I used to be one of those people. I used to respect Potter for it, until I realized that he is just an ordinary boy. I leave the class remembering my task. I forget that I must befriend him. The question is how?