8

POV: Mira

My new routine consisted of arriving late to the dorm I share with three other Slytherin girls and waking up late in the morning. The girls always came back early and woke up at the crack of dawn. I just wanted to avoid them at all costs. With the help of the Weasley's map, I haven't had an interaction with any of them yet and I intend to keep it that way. One day in Divination class, Trewelany read Hermione's hand. Offended, she knocked the fortune ball onto the floor and ran out. I thought it was extremely humorous. At this point, with no friends and my only family not answering me, anything that brought misfortune to others made me happy. When I left class I nearly tripped over Hermione's ball. Rolling my eyes, I picked it up and brought it back to the classroom. I set it down on a table with a velvet cover.

"My darling." I heard a voice. I scanned the room with my eyes. I saw no one so I was prepared to leave. Creeped out, I turned to grab the book I set down next to the ball. I took a quick glance at the sphere. Inside it, was a small face. I moved closer to the image. A pale boy with brown hair had tears in his eyes.

"Camila, don't leave me." He said. My eyes widened realizing he was talking to me.

"My name is not Camila." I said confused. I recognize the name, though.

"I will find her if it's the last thing I do." he said, his face changing from sad to angry. It scared me. No longer crying, he sneered at me, and then disappeared. The sudden change from crying to looking like he was going to murder me was truly terrifying. A hand landed on my shoulder from behind making me jump.

"Did you need something, dear?" Trewelany asked me. 

"Oh, um, no," I said slowly backing away. "I- uh, I just returned your ball."

"Oh," said the professor, "thank you." I turned and left the room immediately. Everything was just getting weirder and weirder. It was lunch time, so students were all over the castle. I decided to head over to the slytherin common room, because I knew no one would be there. I wanted to avoid everyone at all costs.

I sat myself down in front of the fireplace. I watched the flames dance so beautifully. It was soothing to watch and I felt better.

I pulled out the map to see if anyone was heading near me. Unfolding it I searched for where the Slytherin common room was. I squinted at the page to see Draco Malfoy's name behind my own.