14

POV: Mira

Draco and I didn't speak after that. He left the room and ran down the stairs. Students were pouring into the common room discussing what happened at the beginning of the year's feast.

"It's complete rubbish!" yelled a fifth year.

"Unfair to the rest of us!" yelled another back. I watch them complain from above, unsure of the topic. Few eyes trailed up to where I was. Everyone knew I was a pureblood now, meaning I require the same respect they bullied me to give them last year. My eyes catch Adrian's.

"Pucey," I say looking at the fifth year, "explain what's going on."

"Triwizard tournament; no one under seventeen is allowed to participate." he says looking up at me. I roll my eyes and walk down the stairs to the center of the room. I plop myself down onto a couch and continue to listen. You would have to be stupid to willingly participate.

This is the first time I've sat down in the common room with other Slytherins since I was put in the house. I highly dislike my peers and I honestly regret my decision. I look across from me to the couch opposite of me to see Malfoy.

"Oh, Draco," Pansy says dreamily, sitting next to the boy. She lays her hand on his chest. Disgusting. I fake gag. She rolls her eyes and gets up, dragging Malfoy with her.

"Oh my, Merlin," says Blaise Zabini, who just sat down next to me. The complaining students begin to leave slowly for bed. 

The following morning I st in the common room. I watch the students leave for the first class of the year.

"Are you not going to class?" Blaise asks. I didn't even notice him standing right next to me.

"I honestly don't want to," I say suddenly aware of a small headache. I get up. "Alright," I sigh, "let's go." He smiles and we walk out of the dungeon. We make small talk as we walk up of our summers. Rounding the corner on our way to class, I catch a glimpse of a blue hat. I take a second look and see loops of blonde hair tucked inside. I instantly recognize them.

"Fleur?!" I shout. The girl turns around and runs towards me.

"Mira!" she smiles. "Oh my Merlin, I was looking for you!"

"What are you even doing here?" I ask in disbelief.

"Triwizard tournament." she says proudly. I shake my head. The last thing I need is for a childhood friend to die for a stupid cup.

"Of course you are," I playfully rolled my eyes.

"Sorry to break up the moment," interrupts Blaise, "but we're late to Defense Against the Darks Arts. We don't want to make the new professor mad at us on his first day."

"Right, right," I say, "meet me in the court yard today after classes?"

"I'll see you then. Now get on your way." She nods. Blaise and I turn and run to DADA.