23

POV: Harry

I'm so distracted by the fact that Mira was in our common room that I don't properly process what she asked me to do. I pull on swim trunks and I grab the egg. I find her in the crowd of students as I walk back into the common room. She smirks and starts to leave. I have to run to catch up to her. I follow her down to the fifth floor.

"So are you going to explain-"

"Nope." she interrupts and keeps walking. She takes a turn into the prefect's bathroom. She lets me in and locks the door behind us. Suddenly it's much hotter in here. Why are we in the bathroom? I loosen my tie. Mira walks over to the bath and turns on the fountain. Water spills over and fills the pool sized tub. She turns back over to me.

"Well?" she asks. My throat is dry. 

"What?" I choke out. Why does my voice decide to give out now of all times? She takes off her shoes and stands on the edge of the pool.

"Get in." she says as if it's the most obvious thing in the world. What exactly does she expect me to do? Get naked? I now remember the attire that she told me to wear. I pull off my shirt and take off my shoes. I set them next to hers. I take off my pants and grab the large egg. I look back over to see her looking at the stained glass on top of the bath. A picture of a mermaid moves. She turns back to me, reaches out to grab the egg and sets it down next to her.

"So why am I in the prefect's bathroom with an egg?" I ask.

"I do suppose this might seem a bit odd to you," she smiles. How captivating it is. "The egg screams when you open it?" she asks. I nod. "Well try opening it underwater. When the water rises a bit more." she adds. I look down to the bubbly water. It barely covers the fourth step. It should take at most another five minutes to fill up to the top. She kicks a little at the water, splashing it. I stand next to where she sits on the edge. I step down a few steps and remain dry. The water is warm against my toes when they finally touch the soapy water on the fourth step. When I'm standing at the bottom, the water level is just below my hips. Mira splashes a little water at my face and laughs. Oh she wants to play that game. I go under the water and pop up right in front of her. I scared her. I take some bubbles from the water's surface and dump it on her skirt.

"Potter!" she complains and kicks at me. The water is now just high enough for me to drag her in. I grab her ankles and pull her in. She goes under as I laugh. She comes back up to the surface coughing. I can only see her back. She turns to me laughing.

"Why would you do that? I'm still wearing my clothes." She gestures down. My eyes trail down to see her white button up now completely see through. She wears a bright red top under it. I turn the same shade as it and turn away, now embarrassed for looking.

"Merlin, Potter. It's fine." I turn back around to see her waddling over to the edge. She pulls herself up and over. She takes off her soaked skirt and sets it in the sink to dry. Her swim bottoms are the same color of red as the top. They rest on her hips, exaggerating her hourglass body. She still wears the white shirt but slowly unbuttons it. She looks up to me staring and it's her turn to blush. Mira pushes her glasses back up closer to her face. At this moment, I'd be willing to throw away my whole life for her. . Her beauty surpasses any other girl I've ever seen. 

She runs and jumps in. I back away from the splash. Mira emerges, slicking back her curly hair with both hands. She noticed me staring again and splashed me. I smile and splash back. I continue to push water to her, causing her to back away. She tries to get me back but there's just too much water coming at her.

"Stop," she coughs now pressed up against the wall. I stop and the water calms around us. We share a smile. 

I move towards her slowly as the urge to kiss her takes over me. She's beautiful. In every way. Water drips down her face. I cup my hand on her cheek. She doesn't lean into it but just blankly looks at me. She looks...scared? 

We have the same eyes. Emeralds. Mira looks at my lips. I sharply exhale. The fabric of her shirt sticks to my stomach. I can feel her breathing. I lean in slowly and connect our lips. Her body tenses up and then relaxes. It takes a moment for her to kiss me back. I was nervous there for a moment. Her arms go around my neck pulling me closer into her. I want more. I need more. My hands find her lower back. Her hand runs through my wet hair. She turns us around and pushes me up against the wall. The feeling is weird. My immediate instinct is to let her over power me. I let her have the control. Her lips are warm and wet moving against my own.

Mira breaks the kiss. Our foreheads lean against each other. I close my eyes and smile. She takes her hands and presses my wrists against the cold wall. I can't move, and I don't try to. Her lips travel down my neck. My whole body tingles. She let's go of my wrists and grabs the waist band of my trunks. She kisses my lips one more time and moves away from me, leaving me standing in the water heavily breathing and craving more. She walks up the steps and grabs her things. I'm still in disbelief. I just kissed Mira. And she kissed me back.

"Come to the Yule Ball with me?" I ask, following her over to the edge. She smiles and opens the door to go outside. Before she leaves she smiles,

"No." The door shuts behind her.

I stand in the bubbles speechless. Wow. She's going to drive me up a wall.