26

POV: Mira

The rain sounds nice on the windows. The constant pitter patter keeps me at ease.

"I almost forgot to tell you," Fleur laughs. "Guess who asked me to Yule?"

"Fleur, it's hard to guess when the entire school has asked you." It's true. Every boy has been drooling over her. She's gorgeous. Fleur sits across from me in the library doing her hair. There's quite a few students in here with us, but it's Saturday, so almost everyone is preparing for the ball.

"I could hardly contain myself when he asked," she hints. I'm curious now.

"Just tell me who," I say, moving closer to her.

"Ronald Weasley," she blurts. No way. I didn't think the Weasel even had the balls to ask anyone, let alone Fleur Delacor.

"You're joking," I laugh. Merlin, that is too funny.

"No he seriously did. I told him I already had a date. I was speechless, it was so funny. I can't even imagine why he thought that he would be able to go with me."

"Who do you think you'll go with?" I ask, changing the subject. She puts down her hair brush and thinks for a moment.

"I honestly haven't decided. I think maybe I might ask Malfoy. We would be a good image together. I'm sure mom and dad would like to see our picture in the paper."

"You two would look good together," I admit, "But he's an ass."

"I do realize that. Who do you want to go with?"

"Honestly, I don't want to go with anyone. The boys here are overrated," I say. I have one thing to do tonight and nothing is going to distract me. She raises an eyebrow.

"Even Diggory? I thought you had a thing for him," she says. I blush. I haven't really thought about him in a while.

"I mean...yeah I guess I do. But like not really,"

"So why don't you go with him?"

"I- I don't know," I say. I can't admit to her that I can't go with him because of Potter. I just don't want to drag her into this. Her parents work for the French Ministry. They do believe in pureblood superiority, however, so I'm unsure if they would or would not follow the Lord. To play it safe, I just don't want to mention it.

"Mira, you know you can talk to me about anything, right?"

"Yeah yeah, thanks," I sulk into the couch. I know I can trust her with anything. She's my best friend and one of the handful of people I like. I only like her and Cedric here at Hogwarts. Everyone else here is just...bitchy.

"I just want this year to be over with," she complains.

"Me too," I sigh. I just want to leave Hogwarts and live with father.

My head hurts.

"You alright?" Fleur asks, noticing.

"Yeah," I say bringing my hand up to my forehead, "my head just started hurting out of nowhere."

The pain started as a small point but suddenly began expanding. I bend over clutching my head. I can't breathe.

I've never had a worse headache.

"Should I go get someone?" Fleur asks, her voice shaking with fear. She's always been dramatic over people's health.

I feel like my head is splitting open. I can't hear. I can't see.

Am I screaming?

I'm screaming.

I think I am at least.