1 | first day of my life

first day of my life - bright eyes

Sage:

         I wake up to the smell of wood-burning, but not the bad kind, the kind that reminds me of home. I sit up, throw the covers off of my four-poster bed and stretch my arms out, and rub my eyes.

Looking around my room outside the windows to the lake and small creatures swimming about, the fireplace crackling and my roommate's bed empty (she always wakes up at the crack of dawn I think to myself while rolling my eyes).

I see my black cat, Simon sitting on my trunk at the end of my bed, I motion for him to come towards me. He jumps up onto the bed and snuggles into me, I cuddle with him for a bit before looking at my clock on my side table.

           Shit, it's already 7:00 am and I still have to get ready and eat breakfast before class at 8. I set Simon down and rush to get dressed thanking my past self for laying out my clothes.

Once I'm dressed in my robes I do a quick once over in the mirror and grab my books and head upstairs to the common room. Running down to the Great Hall. I breathed in all the sweet and savory smells of breakfast and walked to the Slytherin table squeezing in with a few people.

                I grab a plate and start to load it with fruit, eating as I grab more.

"You're eating more than Crabbe and Goyle combined." I hear an obnoxious voice say next to me. I turn my head to see none other than Draco Malfoy. I finish chewing and scoff.

"Sod off Malfoy." I stuff another bite of orange in my mouth, trying to get my fill before classes start.  He shakes his head and stands up.

"Hey Draco"

"What now Weasley?" he says learning down at me. I grab his wrist and check the time 7:45 am.

"Great thanks, you may leave," I say returning to my plate.

"Why thank you!" he says bowing a little and turning to walk away.

             Draco and I have our issues. We were never friends but since Charlotte is my best friend, Draco's sister. We have had to see each other a lot. Charlotte would come to the Burrow all the time, scared of her parents fighting and her dad yelling, and Draco started to come over too.

He would watch movies with us, or bake treats, we played in the garden and eventually the forest. But as we got older the more he distanced himself.

He barely came over and when he did it was only because Blaise, Theo, or Pansy was there too. We still talked, well we still bickered at least.

I miss him but at least I have Charlotte. I finish off my food and down a cup of coffee heading to my first class

         After school, I head back to the common room with Charlotte, a bunch of us are going to Hogsmeade together with the twins, and Pansy.

Char and I head down to the dorms, and part ways to get changed. I walk in and set my books down along with taking off my robe. 

I go to my trunk to pick out some sweats and a t-shirt when I see parchment on the trunk.

       I pick up the slip of white parchment and unfold the note. I read the messy writing and it reads

"Hi Sage, see you later :)
c"

            I close the note wondering who it could be from. Charlotte maybe? But that doesn't make sense why wouldn't she just ask me about something. Plus I was just talking to her.

I don't think there is anyone in the 5th year in Slytherin whose name started with a C, other than Charlotte of course. I think to myself for a bit and come to the conclusion that they either have to be new or in a different house.

          I lay the note on the foot of my bed shoving the thought of it away from my mind. I open my dark brown trunk when I hear a whooshing noise and look around and see a boy coming from my fireplace.

"What the hell?" I curse, he brushes himself off and says
"have you got my letter Sage" I turn to my bed and pick up the note.

"This?" I say in a questioning tone.

I notice his robes and notice they are Hufflepuff. I get really confused, why is a Hufflepuff in my room.

"yes" he replies looking quite smug.

"How did you, why are you, who are you? You can't be in here. " I say quickly gesturing to his robes.

"I used a spell, because I have a question for you, and my name is Cedric, Cedric Diggory" he retorts not missing a beat.

I continue to look at him with confusion in my eyes and say

"so um what is your question?" I say still flustered

"Actually Sage I was wondering if you would do me the tremendous pleasure of going to Hogsmede with me tomorrow," he says doing a little bow, and waving his hand in a gesture for me to take his hand.

"u-um sure I guess, I am already going so I don't see why not, " I say while taking his hand still confused as to what I'm doing.

"well Weasley I will see you there at 10, don't be late and wear something nice," he tells me

"I will wear whatever I god damn please, thank you" I reply

"Only joking Sage, but your welcome," he says laughing to himself.

I find myself laughing along with him. We stop laughing and I say

"Well you should probably start going I wouldn't want you to get caught " he laughs with me and agrees, kisses me on the cheek, and leaves just as fast as he came.

          I sit on my bed and wonder what the hell just transpired, still bewildered as to why I just agreed to a date with a strange Hufflepuff man who showed up in my dorm. Cedric, his name is Cedric. I know I've heard of him before but I can't remember from where.