4 | oxford comma

oxford comma - vampire weekend

Sage:

We walk into Hogwarts and it is empty, we laugh at the fact that we are so late compared to everyone else. We run through the halls trying to get back in time for study hall.

"Hey, Ced?" I said while panting.

"Yes, Sage?"

"We have to get our books and our common rooms are quite far from each other. I'll meet you in the library?"

"No Weasley we are close to the Hufflepuff common rooms you can just use my books and parchment."

"U-um okay, " I say nervously, happy that we are becoming so close.

"Is that not okay?" he asks

"Yes, Cedric, actually it's great," I say, intertwining my hand with his.

We walk by the kitchen and he says

"I know a secret way in so you don't get caught"

I nod and he sneaks me through the kitchen luckily it's midday and everyone has already had lunch so no one is in the kitchen. We giggled the whole time and when we finally got to the secret entrance he led me in.

I can tell we are in a hallway with dorms to the left and right of both of us. It's like the Slytherin common room but warmer and brighter. It's much lighter than the Slytherin common room which is always dark and I can see out some windows.

Cedric starts walking further with my hand in his and stops. He lets go of my hand and unlocks what I assume is his dorm. Cedric steps in and motions for me to come in I'm weary since I don't know if he is trying to do something with me.

"C'mon Sage I want to show you my room, I'm not gonna do anything, unless you want to," he reassures me and adds the last part with a wink.

I feel a wave of boldness and say

"Well, I wouldn't stop you if you were " Did I just say that? I can't believe I just said that. Cedric raises an eyebrow and says

"Oh?" I gulp and say

"mhm" I am still by the door and he comes over to me, pushes me against the wall

"Use your words, darling," He says, tilting my chin up to see him better.

I can feel my pace quicken and my chest rises faster along with it.

"I- I um wouldn't stop you if you wanted to do something" I blurted out. He smirks at me,

"Good," He says and kisses me roughly, passionately. I wrap my arms around his neck and he takes his arms and pins them above me. I've never felt so good, so much before. He pulls away and lets go of my hands that were pinned above my head. I immediately try to pull him back but he takes my hands away.

"You're making it really hard for me to be a gentleman." I giggle and smile.

"Okay fine, let's do our work." he walks over to his desk pulling out some parchment from the drawer and grabbing his leather book bag off of the chair. He stuffs the parchment in his bag and says,

"Ready?"

"Ready," I say and he grasps my hand in his, our fingers interlacing.

We study for a while. Surprisingly we get some work done, but soon we have to go to dinner. He really is smart, like really smart. I helped him as much as I could with herbology and he helped me a ton with potions and I actually feel like I'm going to pass now.

We walk to dinner together and he talks with his friends about a quidditch game coming up. I've had one of the best days in such a long time. We walk into the Great Hall and part ways to our own tables.

"Thank you for an amazing day! I had such a great time!"

"I had a great time too! I want to see you again." I smile and reply

"Me too, can we play it by ear? I'm a bit busy this week." I wish we could plan something but I really am quite busy.

"Yeah sounds good Sage!" He leans down and kisses me on the cheek, grinning as he walks to the Hufflepuff table. I walk to the Slytherin table and sit down in between Charlotte and Pansy.

"Sooo how did it go?" Pansy drawls out trying to get her daily fill of the gossip.

"Yeah, tell us everything," Charlotte says, wiggling her eyebrows. Theo chimes in

"You were gone pretty long." He says smiling

"C'mone Sage, what were you doing for that long? We want details." Blaise says, I smile and start to spew out the events of the day.

"Well if you guys would let me tell you I would." To that, they all laugh and I hear mutters of 'fair' 'yeah true'.

"So pretty much we went to Hogsmede, and we walked around for a bit and then went to The Three Broomsticks, we drank and talked and talked. Then we came back and studied."

"That's all?" Pansy says

"Did he ever kiss you?" Blaise interrupts, Charlotte looks at me as I add some roasted potatoes and chicken to my plate. I look up at Blaise and reply

"We kissed, quite a bit," I say adding the last part with a wider smile.

"Well is he a good kisser?" Charlotte says eyes wide. I take a sip of my water and look up catching eyes with Draco, who stares intently at me while Astoria picks at her food next to him. Why the hell is he looking at me so much?

"Yes very good" I laugh a little, "I really like him!" they all congratulate me and continue eating, I genuinely can't wait to see him again.