5 | flowers in your hair

flowers in your hair - the lumineers

Cedric:

It's been a few days since I've seen Sage and I can't stop thinking about her. She is so nice and real. I have to go get a few things for my herbology project from the garden.

I'm walking down the steep hill when a thought approaches my mind. I should get her some flowers, I remember when she was helping me with the project we had a conversation about flowers.

"So essentially you need to use a soil that has lots of worms and lots of organic fertilizer in it because for the type of plants you want to use they require really rich soil that's constantly getting more fertilizer." she continues explaining the logistics of how to make sure my project succeeds.

"Okay makes sense."

"Good," she says, smiling up at me.

"So Weasley, what is your favorite flower?"

"I like them all but probably Bluebells. My mom always grew a lot of them. What's yours?"

"Marigolds, my mom loved them." I shake the rest of the conversation out of my head.

Bluebells, I have to get Bluebells. In the garden, I start looking for them and gather a bundle. I wrap them together with a piece of ribbon I had holding together parchment.

I add a few white Lily's and pink Touch-Me-Not, trying to make the bouquet more presentable. I finish getting everything I need and head back up. Shivering and gripping my robes closer to myself, until I see Draco.

"Hey, Draco!" I say waving my hand in the air.

"Uh hello?" he says looking confused and unimpressed.

"You're friends with Sage right? Sage Weasley." I say hoping I can figure out where she is.

"I suppose, why?" he says walking toward me.

"Do you know where she is right now? I wanted to give her these flowers and ask her out on another date." I retort gesturing to the flowers.

"No, I don't know where she is," he says blandly.

"Okay well, thanks for the help anyway."

"No problem," he says walking towards the castle. "Hey Cedric," I turn back and look at him.

"Yeah?" I say

"Don't hurt her, I'll hurt you much worse than you can imagine," he says. Caught totally off guard I reply with a simple truth.

"I won't." I turn back to find Sage. Walking into a corridor I immediately see Nearly Headless Nick.

"Afternoon Nick," I say greeting him.

"Cedric Diggory, how are you this fine day?"

"I'm great sir, how are you?" I question

"A bit chilly, but I am a ghost after all." I laugh at his joke and he continues "Who are the flowers for? A girl, boy?" he questions. I chuckle a bit and say

"A girl, Sage Weasley, you wouldn't happen to know where she is, do you? I was trying to get these to her."

"A Weasley huh? I do think I saw her in the library earlier, but I could be wrong she's always in there, so I'm sure she'll show up one way or another." I smile and think back to our date, she even brought a book to read if she got bored. Which of course she never did since we had such a great time.

"Thank you so much, that's a great help."

"No problem at all, have a good day, and good luck on that game against Slytherin."

I walk to the library and go to the fiction shelves. I look around for a bit and find her perched in a corner, books sprawled around her, large round glasses resting on her nose.

I smile watching her so engrossed in what she loves. I slowly creep on her making sure she can't see me and then quickly jump next to her saying

"Boo" She lets out a small shriek and drops her book from her hands, using her now free hand to nudge me in the shoulder.

"Merlin's beard you scared me!" She pushes the glasses up on her face and looks around as if to see if anyone else heard her yelp.

"Sorry didn't mean to." I lie smiling.

"Liar, also I was reading a horror book, not funny!"

"Pretty funny to me," I say as my smile widens. She rolls her eyes and smiles back.

"What are you doing here?" She asks

"Just thought I'd stop by, plus I got you these," I say pulling the bundle of flowers out from behind my back.

"Oh Cedric they're beautiful, you remembered." She says inhaling their scent.

"Of course I remembered," I say sitting next to her.

"Thank you so much!" She says smiling and pecking me on my cheek. " I love the Lily's and touch-me-not with them." She says placing them next to her and then picking a bluebell from the bunch, bringing it to my face.

She then tucks it behind my ear. "Perfect, now I'll smell my favorite flower when I see you." I chuckle and pick up the book she was holding and say

"So, what are we reading? It, huh, never heard of it, what's it about?"

"That makes sense, it's a muggle book. My dad takes me to the muggle shops sometimes and I load up on books. Plus he despises reading so I tell him all about them when I'm done, which he loves. How do you think I'm top of my muggle studies class?"

"I assumed it was because of your father," I say

"Nope all me." we laugh and then I ask again

"So what's it about?"