25 | sing me to sleep

asleep by the smiths

Pansy:

June's head is resting on my lap, her eyes are closed but I suspect she's still awake. I caress her hair as I talk to the others.

"I'm thinking about giving June one of my old dresses. Which one do you think I should give her?" I ask the others, I look down at her, and can see she tries to suppress a smile and fails. Grinning in her sleep.

"I liked that pink one you wore a while back," Blaise says, I see June's face scrunch together a bit and say

"Mh that was okay, what about the rest of you lot?" Draco shrugs and turns his attention back to the window, brooding as usual.

"Don't ask me!" Sage says, throwing her hands up when my gaze falls to her next to me. I look at Char and she says

"The blue one was nice." she's been so antsy the whole ride. I think she's just excited to see Narcissa, it's been a while because they couldn't see each other before school started this year.

"No, no, you are all wrong." Theo says "The purple one was the best, and it's so her on top of it, it has kinda a celestial imagery, and we all know how much she loves the stars. I mean June Celeste Dupont." he spits out quickly. I nod in agreement. How could I not have thought of this?

Her face turns into a wider smile and she shuffles a bit getting closer to me. I push some hair off her beautiful face and smile to myself. I imagine her in my old dress, her hair falling around her face and her eyes glittering along with the dress.

"Anything off the trolly dears?" my head jolts up as the trolly woman comes and makes her rounds.

"I'll have some every flavor of jelly beans please," Char says as she takes her coin purse out. "Want anything Sage?" I see Draco thrust his head up at the sound of Sage's name, merlin they need to figure their shit out.

"No no, I'm fine," she says. The woman hands Charlotte the beans and Charlotte hands her the money.

"Thank you."

"How come you don't want anything?" I ask Sage, I know it's probably nothing but I see the patterns that I've seen in myself. I don't want what's happened to me to happen to anyone else.

"Ced got me a bunch of breakfast."

"Oh I'm sure he did," Theo says laughing. Sage's face goes red and Blaise butts in a sing-song voice.

"Yeah, tell us all the things he did to you." She only becomes redder

"Merlin's beard, I don't need to hear about that," I say teasing her further. Draco shifts uncomfortably and Theo says

"C'mon Sage, tell us all the dirty details." Charlotte looks like she wants to say this but thinks better of it when she looks over at Draco.

"We did not do anything, we aren't at all for that matter," she mumbles the last part and Draco moves again and I see a smile at the corner of his mouth. Cheeky bastard.

"You haven't done anything?!" Charlotte asks, deciding to break her silence. "Haven't you slept over in his dorm, like multiple nights?"

"Well, yeah but we just, we just sleep." she struggles out and barries her head in her hands and quickly looks up "Salzar fucking Slytherin, can we change the subject?" Sage says and we all burst out laughing, at her outburst. Except for Draco.

He's smiling in the corner picking at his fingers. His face falls a bit as Theo says

"Jesus Sage you need to get fucked, you're such a little virgin!" He doesn't realize the measure of his words until they come out of his mouth. "I'm sorry Sage I really didn't mean it like-"

"It's fine, really don't worry about it. I'm going to go see Cedric, see you all later," she says as she grabs her book bag and heads out the door.

"I'm really sorry Sage, I wasn't thinking, I didn't mean it like that." Everyone in the compartment goes quiet and Draco picks at his nails more. I can practically see him grind his teeth and I see a glint of blood prick his nail.

Charlotte is looking down as well mimicking the movements of her brother. Blaise is looking away and says

"You never fucking think." Sage says

"I know Nott don't worry about it, Blaise it's fine," she says, turning and closing the door a bit too loudly. June stirs a bit and raises her head.

"What's happened?" she asks innocently.

"Nothing darling, go back to sleep," I tell her,

"No it's okay, I'm awake now."

"Hm, okay." I say and bring her closer to me, I bring my lips to her ear and say "I know you heard about your new dress, are you excited? I know I am, to see you wearing it, my dress, maybe I'll fuck you in it if your good that is."

She squirms a bit and presses her thighs together. I pull her a bit closer to me and kiss the top of her head "mhm good girl."

The train will be stopping and I dread the time I'll have to stay with my mom but midway through I'll be able to go to Sage's, and I'll at least have June with me. I close my eyes for the remainder of our time here and cuddle with June, she's mine, and I'm never letting her go.