6 | paperback writer

paperback writer - the beatles

Cedric:

"Right well, pretty much there are these seven friends and there is this thing, this clown, that every 27 years take some of the small town's children. It comes out of the sewer and preys on kids' fears, taking them and at least I think killing them. But really the whole book so far just feels like a fever dream, it's hard to tell what's real and what's all an illusion, but it is quite addicting to read." she spews out not missing a beat.

"Ugh I hate clowns, they give me the creeps!" I shiver and she giggles at me. "What they are scary?"

"Just a bit," she replies holding her index and thumb centimeters away from each other.

"Just a bit? You should have seen your face when I snuck up on you then."

"That's different." She says giggling and we continue on like that almost all evening.

Laughing and telling stories, she talks about her favorite books and I listen. I read to her and eventually, she fell asleep on my chest. I play with her hair and set my robe over her making sure she is warm.

"So what's your all-time favorite book?"

"That's too hard" she whines

"Okay fine, what's a book you would recommend to me?" She smiles and stands up moving in front of me to a bookshelf to my left.

"Let's see, where is it?" I stand up joining her side. She's so cute as she stands on her tippy toes trying to reach it. I chuckle to myself and say

"What is it called? I'll grab it."

"No no I ugh got it," she says standing even further up and pulling it off the shelf.

"Stubborn," I say poking her in the side.

"At least you can count on something," she says squealing a bit from my jab.

"That I can." I retort. We sit back down in our corner, and she starts telling me the tale of The Giver.

"They live in a perfect world, well at least what seems like one. Everyone's life is set out for them, they are assigned partners, jobs, children even. But when Jonas the main character is chosen as the new Receiver of Memory, which changes it all. He sees things differently and somehow he now understands everything, and what a dull world he lives in. "

I'm enraptured in every word she says. The way her hair falls across her face as she leans down to find her favorite quotes, the way her tongue slips out of her mouth barely touching her top lip as she smiles at my jokes, biting back her laughter. The way her glasses start falling off her face and she's constantly pushing them back up.

She introduces me to more books, more characters and I listen and listen to her beautiful voice. I was always the talker before her, but now I get to relax, listen.

Understand and be happy for someone other than me. I love hearing anything and everything she is passionate about. She's trying to find a quote and her glasses start falling off again.

"I can't tell if I like the glasses or not."

"Oh?" she says looking up and pushing them back again.

"You're stunning either way, and you're so damn cute with the glasses, plus I always had this thing for librarians." I jest

"You did not!" she says shoving me and giggling.

"No I definitely did not," I say laughing as well "but your eyes are so pretty, they remind me so much of home, and the glare with the classes prevents me from seeing them." she blushes and looks back at the book in her lap

"Thank you," she mutters

"That's it, I've found a solution!" She stares at me wide-eyed, suspiciously she says

"Do I want to know?"

"Definitely, I'm thinking if we just get you a monocle, that way we have the best of both worlds," I say triumphantly.

"Oh my god, Cedric no! I am not wearing a monocle!"

"Why not? Just for me? Please, Sage!" I beg and put on my best puppy dog face.

"No way!" she laughs "that might work with the other girls but not me, I'm immune to your tricks." Let's see what I think of myself.

"Really Weasley? Immune? I don't know about that."

"It's true I am," she says, avoiding my gaze. I take her glasses off her nose and grip her chin.

"Would you like to say that again sweetheart?" Her eyes soften and then quickly go back to the stubborn fire that's constantly lit.

"You don't affect me, Mr.Diggory." I'll show her just how much I affect her, and she affects me.

I crash my lips into hers, bringing my hand to the back of her head, gripping at the roots of her hair to get her closer. I'm awarded by a moan as I pull a bit tighter, our lips intertwining all the while.

One of her hands is wrapped around my neck and the other holding on to my shoulder. I peck her lips and move down her throat slowly sucking and licking making sure tomorrow everyone knows she's mine.

I know that sounds dumb, I've known her for what? Three days? But she's so damn perfect and as cheesy as it sounds every time I touch her I feel warmth all over my body and I need more. Every time I see her, I can't wait to see her again, and every time she utters a word I wish for her to me speaking my name instead. I wish to be hers.