14 | kidnapped I

riptide - vance joy

CW: Underage smoking, hints of child abuse

Charlotte:

I'm incredibly happy for my friends. Sage is having the time of her life getting to know the hufflepuff prince.

Pansy and June are insufferable especially since the hospital. Theo is trying to get Luna's attention and Blaise is dating an apparently perfect new guy.

Along with this everyone is soaking up the last few moments before break. I am incredibly happy for my friends.

But sometimes it does get lonely. It's hard not to miss them while they're out and about with their partners.

Draco and I keep each other company, studying and talking, but our conversations have dulled. So I do the only logical thing one with busy friends would do.

I kidnap them.

"What are you doing Char?" Pansy squeals as I cast a spell to put blindfolds over all of their eyes.

"We are going out." I respond honestly.

"Oo where?" Sage spits out.

"You'll see, be quiet!" I whisper hoping we won't get caught. I asked Sage if I could borrow the Invisibility Cloak since she can usually get it from Ron, this was a few weeks ago but as I said she's been soooo in love, she forgot about it.

Us girls are all squeezed under it. We file out of Hogwarts luckily not being caught by Finch. I take the Cloak off as we approach the Forbidden Forest.

"Char what are we doing?" June sounds weary at the adventure I have planned.

"We are having some fun!" I say taking their blindfolds off.

"What the hell are we doing in the Forbidden Forest?" Pansy exclaims.

"C'mon this way." I say walking down the path.

"Merlin's beard." I hear Sage curse under her breath.

"Hey, we needed a night for just us," I say elbowing her in the side.

"Yeah we did." She says smiling and continues to walk by my side.

"A girls night!" Sage squeals. As we approach the clearing I say

"Well, not quite." I say as we start to see Blaise, Theo and my brother.

"Hey guys!" Sage says walking in front of me into the clearing. There is a campfire that hasn't been lit in the middle and logs around it. It's some abandoned camp site. She sits down and the rest of us join in too. I sit in between Blaise and Sage.

Draco is on the other side of Blaise and Theo on his. Theo sits next to Pansy and her and June are cuddled up and have conjured a blanket, which I'm sure is all June's doing, always worrying too much.

"Bloody hell it's freezing out here!" Theo curses.

"Weasley make a fire." Draco says shivering, all our heads turn over to him. Since when is he talking to Sage? Don't get me wrong I don't know if you can call demanding talking but same difference, right? "What?" he questions and we all burst out laughing. Sage's face turns bright red and Blaise chims in,

"Well, you are top of your class in Muggle Studies are you not?"

"Yeah plus your dad works in Muggle Studies for the Ministry." Theo adds

"Doesn't mean I know how to make a fire!" She says laughing again.

"C'mon we want a real fire." Pansy complains.

"Then you guys can get off your arses and help me!" She says kneeling down to where the once campfire used to be. Surprisingly Sage actually did know the basics, and so we all helped.

June knew quite a bit too. After the fire started we were all nice and warm, but we still passed a joint around. The differences in their group were Jurassic, while June coughed repeatedly Theo and Sage took long drawls.

While Blaise laughed at merely anything, Pansy laughed and nearly nothing. Everyone starts chattering and everything is back to normal. The conversations stopped for a bit

"Sage why don't you come over to the Manner this winter break for a change. I mean maybe we can even get you into the ball." I say earning a glare from Draco, maybe they'll finally talk.

"That sounds like loads of fun." Blaise says and then Sage says

"I don't know, are you sure you don't want to just go to the party and come back to the Burrow?"

"I don't know if I have a good feeling about this year." I say truthfully, and I really do have a good feeling. I feel like things are calming down with all this Death Eater bullshit. Sage takes a deep breath and says

"Yeah, okay let's go to the Manor. But only for a few days, Mum would kill me if I didn't come home for Christmas." We all let out a shaky dry laugh. "You can all come too, of course." She adds the last part hastily knowing how our breaks usually go if we don't come with her. We gossip more and more and soon everyone is leaning on each other high and too tired to walk back to our dorms.

Who knew? Kidnapping sometimes does work out.