29 | kidnapped II

ribs by lorde

CW: torture, manipulation, kidnapping

Charlotte:

Who knew? Kidnapping sometimes doesn't work out.

Sage thinks I betrayed her. My best friend hates me and I can't do anything about it, because she's partially right. I knew something was off, but I did nothing, I invited Sage anyway. It's my fault, all of it is.

We came home through the fireplace and were immediately taken away. Draco and I were taken to a spare room and I was so repulsed at the sight in front of me I threw up, right into one of my Mum's favorite vases.

Her body drooped on the ground, tears stained to her cheeks almost permanently. She looked like a corpse, her body looked like it didn't have bones in it and if I touched her I was sure she would shatter. My mum, my rock, the one who I could always count on, was gone

"Crucio." a random death eater said as they pointed their wand at her. She shakes uncontrollably but she was alive, she wasn't dead, not yet, and I would do whatever it took to keep her alive.

"Stop, please!" I said between sobs and Draco said

"Please, she's our mum!" He jerked away from his wand and said

"That's the whole point," The rest of them laughed and our aunt said

"Aw come on, it's just a bit of fun, darling." She stuck her wand under my chin and lifted it up. "Now, be good and listen to aunty. We need your help, you'd be very helpful if you got the mark." her wand dug into my chin and I lifted my head higher. She won't get to me.

"We won't do it!" Draco spat at her,

"Oh? Then you wouldn't mind if I-" she cuts herself off by pointing her wand at Narcissa again.

"We'll do it, stop, please! Give us the mark!" I push my sleeve up and push my arm in front of Bellatrix.

"Eagar are we?" Bellatrix teases and The Dark Lord comes over. The truth is, I was a bit eager. Not because I wanted to become a death eater, I didn't, I really didn't. 

But I've always had this fear that if I was asked to get the mark, I wouldn't be able to say no, and being forced to get the mark is a pretty good excuse for actually getting it.

I've always been the weeker out of the two of us. I never fought my urges, I always fell into peer pressure, and I knew the same would happen with this. 

He presses his finger into my arm. Pain shoots through my arm, but the burning is almost comforting, reassuring, because the pain I'm feeling my mother isn't.

I look over at Draco, my tears blurring my vision and the pain making me dizzy. He looked so hurt, not just from my mother or the fact that my father couldn't care less what was happening, but that I was getting the mark, somewhat willingly.

He looked at his head softly back and forth as if he couldn't believe it.

"Where's Sage, where did you take her? Where is she?" Draco screams and his only response was

"Your turn." he snarls and presses his finger to Draco's arm too. He kept his gaze locked on mine, sneering at me for making this happen. I turned back to the ground, my mum sobbed quietly and I fell over to her, wrapping her in my arms.

As quickly as my arms were around her, I was taken from her. I kicked and screamed as much as I could but my mouth was covered instantaneously, buy a large grimy hand. I was being taken down to the basement. 

I stopped fighting back and let them take me down. I don't know where we are going but it would be easier than seeing my mum in so much pain.

Then there was Sage tied up to a chair. We were both put under the cruciatus curse, and she didn't care, well she did, just not about me. I can't blame her though, if I had thought someone had betrayed me this badly I might not care if they were put under the crucio spell either.

But I probably would, I would probably help someone even if they hurt me.

She shook in Draco's arms, and I couldn't help but remember my mum, disheveled upstairs.

I left to go upstairs by myself. My limbs hurt and my body ached but I struggled my way upstairs. Once I was up the stairs I slowly made my way into the spare room. She was curled into a ball and sobbing into her hands.

"Mum I'm so sorry," I said as I wrapped her in my arms.

"Why did you get it?" she says in a raspy and obviously sore throat.

"I had to, they were hurting you," I say slowly, I had to, didn't I? Yes, I did.

"Charlotte you- you didn't even hesitate." You did what was easy, again. My subconscious reminds me. 

"I'm sorry, I didn't, I didn't mean to, I'm sorry." I finally say and she shakes her head

"You weren't supposed to become, become like us." she sobs out.

"I know, I know I'm sorry," I say forcing myself not to cry. What have I done? What have I done? I've screwed everything up, and I don't know what to do. I've disappointed the only person that really cared about me.