27 | the dark I

home by cavetown

June:

My favorite place. In her arms is the best place I could be.

"Morning."

"Sleep well?" she asks.

"Mhm"

"You woke up just in time, we are almost there."

"First and second years off now, third and fourth can get off when they are off and same goes for fifth, sixth, and seventh." we all hear someone announce.

"Bollocks, why must we always go last?" Theo complains, bouncing his leg up and down.

"We got to go first when we were first years, it's only fair.'' Blaise chimes in always being the benevolent one of all of us.

"That may be fair, but I want off this damn train." Draco snarls.

"I miss being a fifth year." Charlotte laughs, Pansy chuckles next to me and says

"Me too, so what's the whole plan for break?"

"I have to go home for a few days and then I'm going to Sage's," Draco says quickly as if he is trying to get it out of his mind.

"Same here," Theo says and Blaise says the same.

"What about the ball?" Charlotte asks

"We'll come over before the ball and change the dress. What time is it again?" Theo replies

"I think it starts at seven. But really guys you don't have to" Pansy starts

"We are doing it," I say cutting her off and then Blaise says

"Yep, so we'll come over around three?"

"Sounds good." Pansy says "Thank you again, guys, it's really not necessary."

"It's no problem, Pansy, we're always here for you," Draco says, adding his two cents.

"Always," I say, kissing her shoulder and then standing up to grab my things.

I peek my head out of the compartment and see a few straggling fifth years running out. I turn back to see the rest of them behind me and I make my way out. I continue to walk and Pansy comes to my side.

"My mum's a bit, well she doesn't, she doesn't know about me so don't um-"

"I know, don't worry, Pans, I got it." I kiss her cheek and she grasps my hand and our fingers intertwine. She pulls me into an empty compartment and I ask

"What are we-" but she cuts me off just like I did here, but this time not with her words, with her mouth. She pushes me against the opposite wall and pushes her tongue into my mouth. I can taste her bubblegum, sweet and strawberry-like.

I kiss her back and wrap my arms around her neck, pulling her closer. After a few moments of complete and utter bliss, she pulls back and says

"Just wanted to get my fill of you before tonight." she pecks my lips and takes my hand in hers again.

"Oh, I see," I reply smiling and the others are long gone. We seem to be the last ones off the train.

We walk to the end of the express and as we step off. She leads me through the crowds of hugging children and their parents. My parents should be here, my parents should be seeing me off the Hogwarts Express, they should be welcoming me home and gushing over all my accomplishments.

It's not even sadness. People always assume I'm sad my parents died. I mean don't get me wrong, it's sad, and I get sad about it. But I didn't even know them. How could you mourn someone that you've never met? You can't.

No, it's not sadness at all. It's anger, and there is so much of it. So much that I think I might do something bad if it gets too much. My parents were taken from me, and I want to kill whoever did that.

"June, this is my mum." I hear Pansy knock me out of my trance, as she pulls away from a hug with her mother.

"Hi Mrs. Parkinson, thank you so much for having me. I really appreciate it." She smiles an all too convincing smile and says

"It's no problem, we would love to have you."

"We'll have to take a portkey since we have all your things." I hear Pansy's mum say as we make our way through the crowds. Pansy just nods, and I grasp her hand, trying to reassure her.

But she immediately pushes it away. Merlin, I knew things were going to be different, but not like this. After walking for a bit, we made our way to a telephone booth.

"Here it is." her mum says and places her hand on the side of the booth. "Go on." I hurriedly shifted one of my bags to the other arm and placed my hand on it. Pansy does the same and we are taken to the front of a large house.

When I say large I mean, could be mistaken for a castle type large. There is a large path to some kind of structure in the middle and hedges on both sides. The whole manor is entirely symmetrical and consists of dark brick.

Large white window panes are all over the structure and two gigantic doors are in the middle following the same design as the windows. It's, well it's beautiful to say the very least.

"Welcome to our humble abode." Pansy jests in my ear.

"Yes, ''humble ''. I jest back. We make our way to the front of the house and reach the door. With a deep breath, her mother opens the door and everything goes dark.