2 | golden boy I

be nice to me - the front bottoms

Sage:

       I wake up at 6 am, way too early. I try to go back to bed, but I can't. I am too excited about my date with Cedric.

I think it's the combination between the regular old butterflies with hanging out with someone new and the fact that he is so unknown to me.

I grab a book on my bedside table and sit up and start to read. It's a muggle book called The Perks of Being a Wallflower.

It's my second time reading it and I can't get enough. I lay in bed reading for an hour, but I kept getting distracted by thoughts of a tall dirty blonde-haired boy with blue eyes and a sharp jawline.

He is quite handsome for a Hufflepuff I think to myself. It's 7:30 am now and I decide to go to the common room and talk with anyone awake.

I get out of bed slip on my bunny slippers and tame my hair so I am somewhat presentable. I am wearing sleep pants with pink hearts on them with a tight black tank top. I decide it's good enough and head upstairs to the common room.

I can hear faint noises of talking and moving about but nothing much, it is the weekend after all. I see Draco, Pansy her newest girlfriend, and Charlotte talking.

I smile thinking back to last night excited to tell them all about it. I sit down on one of the velvet green couches and begin filling them in on all that happened last night.

I get introduced to Pansy's new girlfriend June. She seems quite nice and I hope this one sticks. Pansy has a way of leaving when she's bored, or more like scared of it getting too good and them leaving first. June sits on her lap leaning into her and Pansy plays with her hair giving her kisses on the cheek and head all the while.

Draco sits there silently barely making any expression on his face. But then Astoria comes in and sits on his lap, tossing his hair and kissing him. He grimaces but lets her continue. Enamored in my story Charlotte leans her arms on her knees leaning in.

"So he really just showed up?"

"Who showed up where?" Theo says walking into our small circle.

"Cedric, he-"

"Cedric Diggory?" Pansy cuts me off, tearing her eyes away from June and looking up at me.

"Yeah," I say, sipping the coffee Theo brought us.

"Do you know who that is?"

"Yeah, the guy that showed up in my dorm last night."

"No no Sage, you don't get it," Pansy says

"He is practically the poster boy for Hufflepuff. He's the Seeker on the Quidditch team and they made a spot for co-captain just for him, since he's too young to be a captain. He's the head boy and a perfect, and on top of that, he's top in almost all his classes." June chimes in

"Plus he's like the most-popular Hufflepuff, maybe one of the most popular boys in the school," Pansy adds
"Next to me, of course," Draco says lying back in his chair.

Everyone laughs and I'm left stunned. I had no clue he was this popular and I didn't know I was living under such a large rock.

"Jeez Sage, so what does that make you?" Charlotte says, sounding just as confused as I am.

"Just a date," I say as calmly as I can manage.

"Sure, because 'just a date', pops into your dorm unannounced." Theo retorts.

"Guys it's really no big deal, plus it's only Hogsmede."

"Mhmm," Draco says above Astoria's head.

"I need to get ready, but first does anyone know where the twins are?" I ask hoping my brothers aren't getting in trouble without me.

"Umm, I think they are in detention," Blaise says laughing

"Again? Merlin's Beard" I ask getting up. By the time we are done gossiping most people are awake and it is 8:45 am.

I head down to my dorm and think about what I'm going to wear. I take a quick shower and pick out an outfit and a big sweater since although winter is coming up it's chilly out.

I grab a book, purse, and shoes and head out. Running up to the common room and up out of the dungeons. I walk to the front of the castle and see all my friends Charlotte, Pansy, Blaise, June, and Theo.

Draco isn't here. We continue to walk towards Hogsmede and chat about me and Cedric the whole way there. They tease me about becoming the new "it" couple which I know is never going to happen.

I have never been one of those popular girls. But that might be more Draco's fault than anyone else's. I get more nervous as the minute's pass, it's been a while since I have been on a date.

I walk up to the entrance of Hogsmeade and see Cedric's body leaning on the wall, looking at his watch.

My eyes look up and down his body and I have to admit even if his popularity is just for his looks, I definitely understand it. I walk up to him and he looks up from his watch and says

"It's about time " and laughs. I check my watch and see it's 10:00 on the dot.