11 | libraries closing

coffee cups and cigarettes by tomo

Sage:

Once back into the Great Hall, I immediately see Cedric at the Hufflepuff table. He's laughing with his friends and one of them throws a roll at him, and he throws his hands up as if he's done nothing.

They continue to eat and laugh, and as much as I want to pull him away and take him for myself, I walk to the Slytherin table and start eating. Things have been a bit dull lately, I'm not exactly sure why but nobody has really been happy.

After dinner I start going back to the library, I need the things I left there and it's still not late so I can get some more reading in.

Until I feel something grab my robes and turn me around. I'm a bit scared at first and then I see Cedric and my scared expression immediately turns to a grin.

"Hi"

"Hi, Sage,"

"How was your dinner?" I ask, hoping he will forget about Malfoy.

"Very good! How was yours, how's Draco?"

"He's fine, it was okay."

"Okay well as long as you're okay. Where are you heading?" a shy smile spreads across my lips and say,

"The library." he chuckles and says,

"Figured as much, can I come too?"

"I would love that." He wraps his arm around me and we walk to the library.

We continue to talk for hours and hours.

"Read to me."

"Hm?" I question unsure if I heard him correctly.

"Read to me."

"Okay, yeah, what do you want me to read?"

"Anything" and so I do. We switch between different books and genres. He leans against a bookshelf and I sit in between his legs.

"Libraries closing!" we heard Madam Pince shout. I start to move and get my things but I'm pulled back by Cedrics large hand on my stomach making me fall back into his lap. I giggle and say

"We have to go" he shushes me and wraps his arms around me.

"Shh let's just stay a little longer." I turn back to look at him and say

"No Cedric we really need to-" He kisses me abruptly I pull back and say

"What was that for?"

"Well I had to keep you quiet" I start to laugh and he kisses me again. I'm still smiling when the kiss begins, but soon I lean into him, loving the feel of his lips on mine. "I said be quiet didn't I?" I nod and he leans back again and pulls me further into him.

After making sure everyone has gone from the library I start reading again.

I wake up to a blinding light in my eyes and something shaking my shoulder. I'm laying on something safe and comfortable.

I nuzzle further into the soft texture and hide my eyes from the light. Whatever I'm laying on vibrates and moves and then I hear a gentle voice

"Sage, darling as cute as you are, we need to leave." to this I only groan and cuddle into the thing I'm laying on which is apparently Cedric. Merlin, he's so comfortable. "You gotta get up so I can walk you to your classes." I smile at the thought of walking to all my classes with Cedric.

"Mhh fine," I say reluctantly and slowly get up, pushing the hair that fell in my face back.

I look around and see that all the lights are on, I can hear some light chatting and I immediately stand up.

"Shit, shit, shit! We slept here, together? I have to get to classes and" I continue to ramble on as I pack things back into my satchel. "I don't have time to get ready and shit I-" Cedric grasps my shoulders and says

"It's not that late, lots of people are still at breakfast, it's okay. Let me walk you to the dungeons." I nod thankfully that one of us has some sense.

I brush my hands through my hair trying to make myself presentable and start walking out with Cedric.

"Hey, do you and Draco like have some past or something? You don't have to tell me I just want to know what to expect." I'm caught off guard by his question and respond with

"I guess? It's kind of complicated, but either way, he's my best friends brother, so no matter how much he gets on my nerves, I have to put up with him." he nods and says

"Okay, that's fair." We are about to walk out of the library when Charlotte runs into me.

"Hey, Char!" I say greeting her

"Hi, Cedric hi, we need to leave, like now, Pansy got hurt." she rushes out.

"Um okay yeah, I'm sorry this keeps happening I'll be back though."

"Don't be sorry, go, be there for her." I kiss his cheek and run off with Charlotte. Whilst running alongside her I ask

"What happened?"

"I don't really know to be completely honest." She says out of breath. We continue running and finally make it but June has us stay outside until she wakes up.