28 | the dark II

wires by the neighbourhood

CW: kidnapping, torture, manipulation 

Sage:

Everything goes dark.

I don't know where I am, it's cold and damp and I'm so very uncomfortable. Why am I so uncomfortable? I try to open my eyes but I realize they already are open, it's just so fucking dark. My hands are tied to some sort of chair at the wrists and so are my ankles.

"Hello?" no response "Helllloo? Is anyone there?" I think back to my day. The nightmare and waking up in Cedric's arms, feeling so safe. Behind on the train with my best mates, leaving because of him, the argument, and coming home with Char and D.

We take the Floo Network through a pureblood pub. I cringe as we made our way through, but remind myself that they didn't choose this life. They didn't choose what family they were born into.

That's all, that's all I remember. Maybe this is some kind of joke?

"Haha, very funny guys, let me go now," I yell out, but nothing, not even a shuffle in the darkness, my words just vibrate back to me. As if they are mocking me, telling me how alone I really am.

Nothing, no one is there.

I sat there, waiting for something, anything to come. But it doesn't,

"Wake up Weasley" my head jolts up. My neck aches and I try to move my hand up to rub it but I'm reminded of the restraints on my wrists. "Lumus" I hear a raspy voice in the corner of the room say.

Their wand lights up and as much as I want to close my eyes I squint to keep them open. I don't recognize them, but then I hear footsteps. Two more large men walk in with Charlotte and Draco. Their fingers are digging into both their arms.

Their arms, Merlin their arms. One large dark mark sits on both of their left arms. Fear is in both their eyes as they stare at me.

"What-what happened?" is all I can muster. I never thought they would do this. I never thought they would become, become like them. "Let me go!" I shout pulling at the restraints. This isn't happening, this isn't happening, this isn't happening.

I need to get out, I need for this to stop.

"What do you even want from me?" I ask, they start to laugh and surround me. Charlotte is looking down and Draco mouths an "I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry"

"It's your turn." One of them says with a smirk.

"No, no, I won't, I won't do it, you can't make me!" I yell, and then I hear another pair of footsteps. He who shall not be named walked in.

"Yes I can, and I will." he snarls. "We can do it the hard way or the easy way." He says and moves his way to me. He looms over me and I face him the best I can. I won't do it, I won't.

"The first Weasley death eater, what a historical moment. I always hated your family, but then I came up with an ingenious plan. I can have my very own Weasley spy. I had Narcissa write Charlotte and tell her to bring a friend. Of course, she did and now you're here, soon to become my newest death eater."

Charlotte did this.

My eyes slowly move to look at Charlotte, fucking traitor. She shakes her head and says

"I didn't know, I didn't think anything of it."

"Silence." He cuts her off and continues to stare at me. I don't know if I believe her, what reasons does she even has to fight for me. She just got the dark mark and she's telling me she isn't a traitor, I don't believe any of it.

"I won't do it." He grips my face and his fingers dig into both my cheeks. I lurch my face away from his hand, but he grips my face harder

"You will, but fine. The hard way is more entertaining anyway." I'm so confused and disoriented. I never imagined something like this would have happened. I can't become a death eater, I just can't. "Bellatrix, go ahead"

She grins and takes Charlotte from one of the other men. She takes her wand out and says

"Crucio." Charlotte falls to the ground, screams, and hurls herself into a ball, trying to stop the pain.

"Stop it, please!" Draco yells and tries to get past the man. She deserves it, my subconscious mocks. I sit there stunned, I'm completely frozen, confused as to what the right move is.

"Fine, she doesn't affect you, maybe he will. Go on Bellatrix." She stops the curse on Charlotte and points her wand at Draco instead. She mutters the curse another time, and he screams. His scream vibrated throughout my body and the shock wore off.

"Stop, please stop!" I yell and I feel tears stream down my face.

"Will you get the mark?" Voldemort asks. I can't do this to my family, to the people I love. I can't hurt them like this, but I can't hurt D either.

"Yes, yes I'll get the mark, please just stop hurting him."

He presses his finger to my arm and says

"Morsmordre." a black snake slithers its way around my arm and I hear myself scream,  more tears race their way down my face. The burning sensation fills my arm as the mark appears. I can't see most of it now, because of how blurry my vision has become.

He releases his finger and mutters a charm to let the ropes fall off of me.

"When I call for you, don't bother resisting." and on that note, they all apparate away.    

I rush down to sit next to Charlotte and Draco. 

"Are you okay?" 

"Yeah," Charlotte mutters under her breathe.

"I'm so sorry Sage, we didn't know," Draco says pulling my limp body into his arms. 

I don't know what to say or do because deep down I know this isn't all their fault, but I can't help feeling as though it is. What if Charlotte did know? I push the thought out of my mind and I feel myself clutch Draco around me. He continues to whisper "I'm sorry's" into my ear. 

I am a death eater. I am the enemy.