Chapter 3.

Song: Got a little Crush on you - Emmi, Wildflower.

Anaya POV.

I reach home quite late. I hope mom is not waiting for me it's quite late. I thank the driver of Abhi for dropping me off and went in.

When I found no one in the living room, I knew mom must have slept long back, she is very punctual in her routine. I wish I can be this punctual. Anyways, I went to my room, and after keeping my phone and bag on my bed, I walk directly to my bathroom to freshen up. After 10 min when I walk out of the bathroom, I saw my phone is blinking which means there is some notification, but I was so hungry to check it now. I took my phone and went to the kitchen to feed myself.

When I reach the kitchen, I found a covered bowl with a note,

Don't just drink coffee eat your dinner, I made it for you.

Love,
Mom.

I smile at her way of showing love and open the lid, I found that she made her famous pasta which by the way I love. I quickly set it in the microwave to heat it and start making bournvita milk, well I love bournvita milk more than coffee, everyone knows it.

After all the hard work I place my dinner on the kitchen counter and hop on the counter ( I know very childish). Mom says I am a monkey but who cares when you are hungry. When I took my first bite, my phone start ringing, when I see the name of the caller, I almost get a heart attack but I attend the call.

" Are you out of your fucking mind or what? Didn't I tell you to call me immediately when you reach home? I was sending you messages like a madman and you didn't even once think to reply to me."

I patiently listen to him.

" Now will you at least speak or what."

I just roll my eyes and was about to say but he again interrupted.

" Leave open the door now. I am outside."

I quickly jump down while running and opens the door, there he was my childhood best friend, my Abhi with a grumpy face. Giving him space to walk in, I close the door after him.

"Can I speak now", I ask him very quietly, he just nodded still not facing me.

Clearing my throat, I say" Sorry for the mistake, but it slipped my mind beside I was hungry when I reached home and I didn't mind checking my phone." I then make my famous puppy face which works easily on him.

He just exhales a long breath and walks towards the kitchen. I quickly follow him, when I reach there he was drinking water.

" Are you hungry Abhi". I know him he must not have his dinner because he is directly here from practice.

He just makes a face and says " Is it even a question, of course, I am hungry. Thanks to someone."

"Abhi I said I am sorry. OK let's have dinner together. What say." I am guilty of my act.

Abhi nodded and smiled and cups my face saying " Never do that again, I was worried " we then move towards my room with a bowl of pasta and 2 cups of bournvita milk. When we reach my room I moved toward my balcony and place our food on the table and sit there, while Abhi was using my bathroom to freshen up.

It was like this from childhood, we both were inseparable and uses each other stuff without hesitation. After all, we are best friends. And as for Aashi, we met her in college, I know everyone will think we are from a different field than how do we become best friends.

Well, it was a very interesting event. I still remember that day.

In our college canteen, I and Abhi were having our lunch one day it was a usual day for us, girls were practically throwing themselves on Abhi from some distance of course. With his good looks and famous cricketing skills, Abhi was a pro in college every girl's dream man. Abhi enjoys this attention whereas I was a bookworm. Abhi and I do our lunch together, it was our thing but Abhi always gets attention where ever he goes so today was also no exception. Suddenly one girl came running to our table and claim that Abhi got her pregnant and now don't want to accept her and her baby. By now the girl was crying and Abhi that idiot was coughing like an animal and as for me, my jaw was now touching the floor.