Chapter 16.

Song:- The Scientist (Corinne Bailey Rae).

The trust of the innocent is the liar's most useful tool.

*********************************

Third POV.

Anaya was not in the condition to listen to anything, the unfortunate scene was constantly playing in her mind.

I don't do girlfriend...

Arjun's voice is still ringing in her mind. Did he lied to her, but again why did it hurt her.

Of course, it will hurt, he was her friend and she told him everything about her but he hide this big information about his girlfriend. She saw them together. Anaya ran and bump into a muscular body. Why did she always bump into people?

Didn't God give her eyes...ugh...

"Are you alright Miss?" Ron asks holding her by hand.

"Ahh... yes, yes....I...I'm sorry about this...umm.....could you please guide me to the main exit gate...."

"Yes....but you want to meet boss right...I'm sorry his PA. said that he is busy right now. Would you mind waiting...." Ron explains the situation.

Sarah informs him about Ruhani's arrival so he has to stop Miss. Gill for some time. As he didn't want this innocent girl to witness something that she shouldn't.

Anaya thought about the scene again and why his boss is busy now.

Of course, he is busy....sucking someone's face.

Wait...she was the same girl who was in the café that day with Arjun sitting so close to him..... which means he lied to her that day...

She was a fool to believe him blindly. She has tears pooled in her eyes but she controlled it and whisper so quietly,

"No... It's fine, I have been somewhere else right now...please let me out, Mr. Ron.."

Ron saw her trembling figure and gave a concerned look. It's like she was about to cry.

"Are you OK Miss.?"

"Yeah...just want to leave I have worked..." She stammered.

"Ok let me take you....."

"Yeah..." She was in hurry her voice was merely heard by Ron.

He start taking her toward the elevator when they heard a thundering voice,

"Stop...."

Arjun was looking like an angry lion ready to kill anyone who will come between Anaya and him.

When Anaya left the office he was in shock, today's event when Ruhani brag inside his office unannounced is still replaying in his mind,

Sometime before,

Arjun was as usual busy with his work, he got all the information on Mr. Balraj Mehra now he knows about him in and out. Mr. Mehra has only one son, Abhimanyu Mehra who was a sportsman. And surprisingly he is a family friend of Dr. Vikram Gill, Anaya's father. That means this Abhimanyu is the same Abhi who is the best friend of Anaya and somehow he had guessed that he was more than a best friend to Anaya.

The way she beams with Abhi's name, her adoration about him. Arjun knows by the look that she has a soft corner for Abhi more than a friend.

Arjun took Anaya's phone in his hand once again, now he has an excuse to meet her again. He smirks at this thought. He was still in his thought when his cabin's door bust open and walked in Ruhani in her glory wearing a revealing dress showing her curves perfectly. Arjun cursed under his breath.