Blue Fire Burns Hotter

If you are reading this, please note that there is a rewritten version that is much better than this one. I love seeing people come read this but I get kinda sad that no one reads the rewrite XD.

   It was cold the night Shouta went on patrol. It was a quiet night and he was going through a poor neighborhood. He shivered in his uniform. He really just wanted to go home and sleep.

   There had been a large fire at the Todoroki house earlier tonight. The oldest Todoroki child had been killed in the fire. Burnt to a crisp with nothing left. Since Endeavor was the Number 2 no one suspected him. Everyone assumed it was a villain attack. 

   Shouta never liked Endeavor. He gave off bad vibes. Something about this seemed far too suspicious. But he wouldn't come forward with these suspicions. Endeavor was too powerful and famous.

   He stopped in his tracks when he heard a small whimper. "Who's there?" He called. Perhaps it was just an animal? He had a sinking feeling that wasn't the case.

   He got no response. He hesitantly headed down the alley since he was on edge. He looked around and moved a trash bag aside only to freeze. "A child?"

   The child looked half dead. He was barely breathing. He had burns covering a large part of his body. He had flame colored red hair. 

   Shouta paused his thoughts moving a million miles a second. He carefully went to scoop the boy up into his arms. He was limp and tiny. He looked only around 8 years old. 

   He looked around a moment before going to move out of there. He had to get this boy treated. He had to get him some help.

   The boy shifted and grabbed his sleeve."Don't let my dad see." He whispered his eyes wide with fear. 

   Shouta held the boy tighter. "Shh...You're okay." He promised and changed his plans. He'd go to his house. 

   The boy went silent and limp as he was clearly exhausted. Shouta hoped he could make it in time.