Hard of Hearing

Hizashi loved his life. He loved his husband. He loved his cats. He loved his kids. Hitoshi was 7 now and Touya was 12. He loved all three of his jobs. He was a great hero. He adored being a DJ. And he loved teaching.

Hizashi had a busy schedule. He did his show every Tuesday after school and every Saturday afternoon. He was teaching every weekday. He went on patrol every Monday Wednesday and Friday after school.

He didn't get a lot of time at home, but when he did he cherished it. So when he got a call early one Sunday morning he almost pretended he didn't have his hearing aids in. But Shouta didn't let him.

Hizashi reluctantly stopped cooking breakfast to pick up the phone. "Hello?"

"Present Mic. I apologise for contacting you so early. We have a young boy here at our orphanage. His mother and father were killed in the recent string of robberies. The thing is. The boy has a very powerful and loud quirk. He's almost completely deaf and he's very difficult to work with."

Hizashi paused and went to sign the conversation to Shouta. The two shared a look.

"I'll get another bed prepared." Shouta signed taking over breakfast. " I expect you back with that boy."

Hizashi hummed. "I'll be there as fast as I can. Have the boy pack his things. I'll sign whatever paperwork you need."

He hung up before the man on the other side could answer. "I'll be back. Tell the boys for me." He pressed a kiss to Shouta's cheek and headed out.

Hizashi didn't like driving. He was always scared he wouldn't hear a car coming up on him and then he would crash. So no he didn't drive a lot.

He was glad when he finally got there. He got out of the car and went to head inside. He immediately winced and turned his hearing aids down. These kids were loud.

"Mr. Yamada." Hizashi turned his head at the voice.

"Hello. You're the one I spoke to on the phone." Hizashi gave his best smile and held his hand out for a handshake.

The man shook his hand. "Thank you for coming. Young Bakugo already has his things ready. Come with me and we can sign the papers."

Hizashi followed and sighed. Another thing he disliked. Paperwork. He tried to get through that quick but it was a really thick stack of papers. However, eventually he was done.

The man gave him a warm smile. "Right this way Mr. Yamada."

Again Hizashi was following him through the maze-like halls. He could hear the ringing in his ears begin. "He already had hearing aids?"

The man looked like he was about to ask how he knew that before he figured it out. "Ah. You can hear that?"

Hizashi gave a short nod as they stopped in front of a room. He reached his hand out to open the door.

Bakugo was tall for his age. His hair was spiky and he was just sitting on the bed with his arms crossed. He looked like he was pouting.

Hizashi looked at the man next to him. He didn't know his name, why didn't he know his name? "Does he know sign language?"

The man made an 'eh eh' movement with his hands.

Hizashi sighed and went to walk over and kneel in front of the child.

"What the fuck are you looking at?" He sneered but he was small and shaking and obviously scared and sad. It was a defense mechanism. He had good speech which meant he learned before he became HOH.

Hizashi just gives a bright smile. 'Hello. My name is Hizahi Yamada. What's yours?' He then pointed to his own hearing aids.

He stiffened and glared harder for a moment. He huffed and unfolded his arms. 'Katsuki. Katsuki Bakugo.'

Hizashi beamed. "Nice to meet you Katsuki!"

Katsuki blinked. "You're weird, old man."

Mic pretended to be wounded. "Ugh. You hurt me. I'm not that old. I'm only 29."

Katsuki blushed a bit. " Well you look old to me asshole!" He snapped.

Hizashi gave a stern look. 'Don't say that.' he signed slowly but forcefully.

Katsuki tched and huffed. "Can we leave or what? This place sucks."

Hizahi hummed. "Sure let's go. My husband and the boys are waiting for us."

Katsuki made a face but went to pick up his All might backpack. He went to reach for his suitcase only to have Hizashi snatch it up.

"Hey!" Katsuki snapped.

"I'll carry this." Hizashi gave a wink and went to head out.

"I can carry my own shit!" Katsuki yelled, hurrying to catch up.

"I know. I just want to." He reached down to ruffle Bakugo's hair.

Katsuki ducked out of the way and snarled but kept quiet. He sure was... interesting.