Hearing Aids and Kitty Cats

The first thing Hizashi noticed was the shaking. He groaned and opened his eyes. Touya was right in front of his face with tears in his eyes and a fearful look. His mouth was moving. Too fast for Hizashi to lip read.

   Hizashi frantically scrambled for his hearing aids. Touya jumped back in fear as he looked like he was in pain. He pushed his hearing aids in and turned them on. He winced as the world turned back on. 

   Touya was breathing frantically. "Y-You couldn't hear me..?"

   Hizashi shook his head. "No."

   He could see the boy flinch at his loud voice. "You're loud..."

   "Sorry Kiddo. It's my quirk." Hizashi stretched, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. He looked at the clock which read 9:30.

   "It hurts you..? Is that why you can't hear?" The boy was curious.

   "Yup." He popped the P.

   " Oh… My quirk hurts me too. My fire is two hot and my skin is too weak." He explained. "Where's Mr. Aizawa?"

   Hizashi looked around. "Dunno. Probably still asleep in our room."

   "Our?" Touya echoed.

   "Mine and his. We're married."

   "You are? You can do that?"

   "Of course kiddo." Hizashi suddenly got a very bad feeling.

   "My dad says that's bad. He says boys shouldn't like boys. He made them take Keigo away…" Touya's voice was small.

   That's it… He felt his heart twist. "Oh Touya… It's not bad. Not at all."

   "It isn't? So me liking Keigo wasn't bad..?" 

   " Of course not!" He insisted and forced himself to get quiet. 

   Touya winced and nodded solemnly to himself. "What's your name?"

   Hizashi blinked. He hadn't introduced himself? "It's Hizashi." 

   Touya nodded and looked down. Hizashi had already noticed he didn't smile a lot. That worried him. Was this child so… broken that he couldn't smile.

   Hizashi blinked as a cat jumped on Touyas bed. One of their seven cats. He didn't hear the cat come in. His hearing aids must need tuning. 

   Touya was beaming. "Oh wow. Kitty." He reached out and touched her but quickly pulled his hand back looking almost guilty?

   The cat, a small calico, gave a confused sad look and went to lick her paw. 

   "It's okay. She's friendly. You can pet her." Hizashi urged him. He wanted to see the boy smile again.

   Touya carefully reached out and stoked the cat. He beamed again as she nudged his hand and began to purr. "Woah… dad never let me touch animals. What's her name?" 

   "This is Bell. We also have six more. Azuki is the fat orange one you'll see in the kitchen. Yin is the white one with a black tail and Yang is the black one with the white tail. Kanji is the grey tabby. Chibi is the brown one with the small legs. And Matcha is the loud Siamese. He's my cat. The rest are Shouta's."

    By the end of the explanation Touya was back asleep with Bell curled by his head. Hizashi smiled.