Torture

Hizashi coughed harshly. Everything hurts. What day was it?He didn't know. He lost track after the first four. He had no way to tell time after all.

   God he hoped Shouta and the boys were okay. They had to be looking for him. They had to. They knew he was missing. They were looking.

   He lifted his head weakly. The big muzzle on his face was bulky and heavy. He hated it. The lashes to his throat weren't much better. Who whips a man with a muzzle on? Villains…

   He wanted to go home. He was cold and slicked with blood. Bruises and lashes covered his body. This place smelled of death. He feared he would be next.

   It was dirty and it wasn't hard to see the spiderwebs in the corners. When one got to close he jerked his eyes wide with fear. He felt sick. He could almost hear his captor laughing at him.

   That's another thing! They took his glasses and hearing aids. They were beating a deaf, muzzled man who could barely see them! They kept the chains so tightly wound he could move maybe an inch but nothing more.

   His bare back touched cold stone. The stone was rough and made Hizashi think he was underground. That made sense. It would be easier to hide.

   As the days wore on he grew more and more fearful. The beatings lessened but never stopped. He was getting thin. They only fed him every so often. They'd snap a quirk inhibitor on him and feed him scraps. The bare essentials to keep him alive. And then the muzzle went back on. If he tried to call for help they added another lash to his throat. He stopped calling for help after a week.

   He didn't know how long it'd been since he got here. His hair was greasy and his skin was decorated purple and red with bruises and blood. He was scared. He began to think. 'What if… what if Shouta isn't coming?' He shook the thoughts away. He was coming.

   He watched his captors, two this time speak. He caught something about 'fake' and 'training camp' during his lip reading. Was it already time for the training camp? How much had he missed? How have they not found him?

   Hizashi pulled on the chains a little. The cuffs cut into his wrists. He winced at the sting. His wounds had to be infected. What were these villains doing?

   When it hit him, Hizashi felt nauseous. Fake. They had said something about a fake. They took his glasses and hearing aids and his shirt. They kept him here not doing anything really. No one had come yet. They have someone posing as him… Shouta isn't coming.

   Hizashi felt hot tears flow down his face as he wanted to scream. He wanted to scream and scream and scream but he can't. He can barely move. He can't do anything.

   The next day he watched his captors with less enthusiasm. 'Boys escaped.' 'Know about Fake.' 'Problem.'

   Hizashi wonders what happened momentarily. He doesn't care, he realizes. He doesn't care. He just wants out…

   Hizashi doesn't remember the next few days. He completely separated himself. Everything just happened. Its like he was watching his own life on a screen.

   His captors come in a frenzy. 'All might.' 'All for One.' 'Battle.' 'Captured.' 'Hide' They're talking too fast for him to read more.

   The next day he watches his captors jump. He doesn't understand. He can't hear the explosions above. But he feels them. He feels them. His heart jumps and he prays. He prays.

   Light streams down the cold stone stairs. Hizashi winces at the shine. It's day time. He didn't expect that. His captors jump up and they don't look happy. This someone was an enemy of an enemy. That makes them, whoever it is, his friend.

   One of the captors hurries up and is promptly knocked back down the stairs. His head is bleeding. The other captor holds his hands up in surrender.

   A shadow covers the light. He sees the boots appear on the stairs. They're dusty. His eyes squint. He can't make out the clothing. Is it a hero? Another villain? Is he saved or doomed?

   And then he sees the scarf.

   Shouta nearly falls down the last stair. 'Hizashi.' He knows that word as soon as it leaves Shouta's mouth even without his ears. He uses his scarf to slam the other captor into the wall.

   Shouta crosses the room in two strides. He doesn't speak as he goes to reach back for the muzzle clamp. It falls to the ground with a thunk. Hizashi sobs.