Part 18

Next morning all the family members were very busy as it was lavanya and nk's engagement the next day. Khushi was also very busy in the preparations. Arnav tried calling khushi a number of times. Khushi left her phone in her room and was busy with the others in the kitchen.

Arnav after his tenth attempt to call khushi he gets very angry and says to himself: what the... pata nehi kaha hai! (don't know where she is)

He then calls up the landline phone. Anjali picks up the call.

Anjali: haan chhotey bolo.(yes say)

Arnav: di aap kaisi ho? (di how are you?)

Anjali: hum to theek hai par koi hai jo bilkul bhi theek nehi hai (looking at khushi) and puts the phone on speaker. (I am fine but there is somebody who is not at all fine)

Arnav (gets tensed and says in one breath): di..kya hua khushi ko? Woh theek to hai na? yeh ladki bhi na..pata nehi kya karti reheti hai..kaha hai woh, phone bhi nehi utha rahi hai (di what happened to khushi...is she fine.. this girl..what she keeps on doing..where is she..why is she not picking up the phone)

Everyone smiles and looks at khushi who is extremely embarrassed now. She looks here and there.

Anjali: relax chhotey...khushiji bilkul theek hai..haan tumharey gam mein udaas zarur hai lo baat karo unse. Switches off the speaker and hands the phone to khushi.(relax..she is absolutely fine..yes a bit upset ...talk to her)

Khushi hesitates looking at all the smiling faces around her and says: hello

Arnav: kab se phone kar raha hoon ...phone kyun nehi utha rahi thi... damn it kitna darr gaya main (am trying to call you since long..why are you not picking up...damn it I was so scared)

Khushi: woh humey maaf kar dijiye humne shayed phone kamrey mein chhor diya...(please forgive me I think I have left the phone in the room)

Arnav (with gritted teeth): kamrey mein...aur main yahaan...(in the room and I was..)

Khushi: please arnavji aap gussa mat hoiye...humey maaf kar dijiye (please arnavji don't get angry..please forgive me)

Arnav calms down and gets back to his flirting mood

Arnav: aise maafi nehi milegi..(you will not be forgiven like this)

Khushi: to fir?? (then..)

Arnav: main jo kahunga tumhe woh karna parega..bolo manzur? (you have to do whatever I say...agreed?)

Khushi keeps silent Arnav: kya hua darr gayi?(are you scared?)

Khushi; nehi..hum kisise nehi dartey (no...I am not scared of anybody)

Arnav: oh really?

Khushi: haan (yes)

Arnav: theek hai dekhtey hai(ok we will see)

Khushi: aap wapas kab aa rahe hai?(when are you coming back?)

Arnav: kyun..itni jaldi hai challenge lene ka (why? Are you so eager to take up the challenge?)

Khushi: nehi...aisi baat nehi hai....woh to di janna chahti thi (no..nothing like that...di wanted to know)

Arnav: yeah right...to fir di se kahey do I will take 2 more days (then tell di..i will take two more days)

Khushi: kya?? Do din aur?? Iska matlab aap sagaai ke din nehi rahenge?? (what two more days? That means you won't be there on the engagement day)

Arnav: not possible khushi....

Till Death Do Us Partजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें