Part 22

After a while the whole family got busy doing the preparations for the engagement.

Arnav and akash were leaving for office when arnav heard a conversation between khushi and payal.

Payal: khushi tu aaj sham ko kya pehen ne wali hai (what are you wearing in the evening?)

Khushi: pata nehi jiji...humne aab tak kuch sochaa nehi...tum kya pehenogi?( I don't know..haven't decided..what about you)

Payal: hum...hum to soch rahe hai ki akash hamarey liye jo saree laye they wohi pehene (I was thinking of wearing the one akash gifted me)

Khushi: haan jiji us mein tum bohot pyaari lagogi. (you would look really nice in that)

Arnav was listening to this when akash called him: bhai chaley? (Shall we go)

Arnav: yeah chalo (yeah..let's go)

Nk meets arnav and akash at the door. Nk: akash, nannav mere bhai aj meri engagement hai aur tum log office ja rahe ho...yeh to bohot alaag baat hai (today is my engagement and you guys are going to office this is very bad)

Khushi comes from behind and says: alaag nehi nanheji galat

Nk: yes yes galat

Khushi: haan jijaji yeh to sach mein galat baat hai.. then looking at arnav says: sabko apni tarah laad governor banake rakkha hai...pata nehi kisko darane ja rahe hai (yes this is wrong...he has made everyone like him ..dont know whom is he going to scare now)

Arnav rolls his eyes and says: har cheez mein bolna zaruri hai? (is it important for you to speak in everything?)

Akash: nk bhai, khushiji ek zaruri meeting hai isiliye mujhe aur bhai ko jaane par raha hai, hum jaldi aa jayenge. (we actually have to go for a very important meeting..we will come back soon)

Nk : alright alright..par jaldi aana.(alright...alright...some soon)

Akash starts moving and nk also goes back Khushi said with a sad face: bas kaam ke siva kuch nehi sujhta (can't think of anything apart from work)

Arnav heard this and turned around and said: jaana to parega...woh kaam hi kuch aisa hai (need to go...it is an important work)

Khushi: haan hum jantey hai aapke liye kaam hi sab kuch hai (and makes a fallen face) (yes I know work is everything for you)

Arnav: kh.khushi..khushi...please don't be upset ok ...main jaldi se aa jaunga.. please sweetheart... (kh.khushi..khushi...please don't be upset ok ...I will come back soon.. please sweetheart...)

Khushi: says nothing as she is very upset. She stands there with a fallen face

Arnav: ab aisa chehra dekh ke main kaise jaau...please give me a smile..common..now give me a smile (how would I go seeing a face like this)

Khushi tries to give a fake smile. Arnav: nehi..aise nehi. He bends forward and kisses her on her cheek. (no...not like this)

Khushi's face lits up instantly with a beautiful smile as she blushes hard

Arnav smiles and says: haan yeh wali (yes this one) Then winks at her and says: I'l be back soon He leaves for office and khushi stood still at the doorway with a smile on her face, wondering why is it that she loses to arnav everytime.

Again she gets busy with the preparations.

Lavanya: oh god chamkili mujhe to yaakin hi nehi ho raha hai ki main tum sab mere sath hoon meri sagaai mein...I am so happy (I can't believe I am with all of you on my engagement)

Khushi: haan lavanyaji aur ab to hum rishtedaar bhi ban jayenge (we would be relatives now)

Anjali: haan yeh baat to sahi hai...kash yeh bhi hamarey sath yahaan hotey to kitna maaza aata (anjali gets a bit upset thinking of shyaam) (yes right..hope he was around, it would have been so much fun)

Khushi and payal exchange looks.

khushi: di hum sab hain na...sab milke bohot maaza karenge (we are all here..we will all have fun together)

At that moment the doorbell rings.

Hariprakash opens the door and says: khushi bitiya aapke naam pe kuch aaya hai (khushi bitiya there is something for you)

Khushi goes and sees a parcel. She takes it to her room and opens it. Her mouth remains open seeing the beautiful red and green lehenga. There was a little note attached to it which read... laad governor itna bhi bura nehi hai...I love you..(I am not that bad)

Khushi couldn't believe her eyes. This was the first time arnav had gifted her something and that too so sweetly. She was looking at the lehenga and reading the note again and again. She just could not stop smiling. She was in a different world all together. Then she thought of calling arnav.

Arnav saw his cell phone ringing and khushi's name flashing. Instantly a smile crossed his face. He picked up the call and acted innocent: phone kyun kiya? (why did you call?)

Khushi: aapko shukriya kehene ke liye (to thank you)

Arnav: kis liye?(for what?)

Khushi: aapne jo hamarey liye tofa bheja uske liye (for the gift that you sent for me)

Arnav: maine? Maine koi gift nehi bheja (i...I didn't send anything)

Khushi: aap jhoot mat boliye...humne aapka likha bhi para (don't lie..i have read your note)

Arnav: maine kuch nehi likha (he was suppressing a smile at the other end) (i didn't write anything)

Khushi: haan aapne likha (yes you wrote)

Arnav: oh really? Kya? (oh really? What?)

Khushi: aapne likha ki..laad governor itna bhi bura nehi hai...i..(stops realizing she was about to say I love you..she wanted to play along with arnav on this) (you wrote that you are not that bad and i..)

Arnav (who thought she would just say it)said : haan...i.. (yes..i..)

Khushi: i..i..kya kar rahe hai aap...aapka likha dekh ke koi bhi kahey sakta hai ki aapne likha hai...aisa lagta hai kisine keere makorey chhor diya kagaz pe (what i..i.. anybody can identify your handwriting...seems like someone has left insects on the paper)

Arnav: what the... (With gritted teeth and anger)

Khushi: what the what the kya...jaldi aayiye ghar (controlling her laughter imagining his face fuming with anger) (what what the what the..come home soon) And then adds to make him more angry: hum abhi rakhtey hai...humey bohot kaam hai..aapki tarah idhar udhar ki baatein karne ka waqt nehi hai. (I am hanging up now..i have lots of work..don't have all the time in the world to talk to you) Arnav : what the... (but khushi had hung up by that time)

Khushi cut the phone and started laughing and said to herself (imitating arnav): what the..khushi kumari gupta singh raizada tumhari himmat kaise hui arnav singh raizada se panga lene ka...and went out of the room smiling.(what the..khushi kumari gupta singh raizada..how dare you challenge arnav singh raizada)

Arnav said to himself: khushi kumari gupta singh raizada main tumse I love you bulwa ke rahunga (khushi kumari gupta singh raizada..i will make you say I love you)

Akash comes from behind and calls him: bhai (brother)

Arnav (gets shocked and says quickly): yeah akash...tumne client se I love you bulwa liya (yeah akash..have you made the client say I love you)

Akash gives him a confused look and says: kya?? (what??)

Arnav realizes he dug his own grave says: aaa...I mean..sign karwa liya? (aa..i mean did you get it signed)

Akash: haan bhai... (and smiles looking the other way) (yes)

Till Death Do Us Partजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें