[B3] Episode 26

🌺

George froze in shock. Her heartbeat was so loud she seem to have turned deaf because of it. And all she could think about right now was how handsome Dos looked like in his undercut and side parted hair.

He was wearing a black coat with a black shirt underneath that complemented his pale white skin. Funny because she was currently wearing a ball gown similar to Belle's but it was white. It was like they just got married and their first dance was about to happen.

"Miss Georgina, you may now take your final dance for the night," the emcee said waking her up from her trance.

She took a deep breath before facing Dos again.

This isn't a dream, is it?

Well, if it was, she'll slap anyone who wakes her up. And pull their hair too.

"Y-You're here," she said as Dos stepped close and laid out his hand for her.

"Hindi. Picture ko lang 'to," pamimilosopo nito making her roll her eyes at him. "Yes, I'm here. I have 'til midnight."

Nangunot ang noo niya. It was around eleven thirty na the last time she checked.

Midnight? Bakit? Is he Cinderella or something?

"Why?" she asked as he placed his hands on her hips and her arms over his shoulder. "Magiging pumpkin ka ba?"

"Pump—pfft," Dos tried to hide his chuckle and looked away. Hindi niya na tuloy napigilan maiyak.

For years she had dreamed to be this close with him again. For years she did everything she could for him to look at her again. For years she had hoped to finally be with him again. And tonight, on her 18th birthday, he had fulfilled his promise to her. She didn't care kung paano nangyari ito. She's just so thankful and happy.

"I miss—"

"Don't," Dos cut her off. "Please, don't."

"Why?" she asked and looked up to him. Her eyes locked with his and she clearly saw pain in those black orbs of his.

Kung dati ay blanko ang mga iyon at tila walang mga laman, kabaliktaran iyon ngayon. It was full of emotions. Pain, sadness, guilt... Madami. Then she felt his thumb gently brush her cheek and wiped off her tears.

"Stop crying," he said after heaving a sigh. "Huwag mo akong iiyakan, Georgina."

She couldn't stop. Umiiyak siya habang sinasayaw nito. She was happy because he came. Natutuwa siya dahil sumasayaw sila. But why does it feel different? Bakit parang hindi saya ang nararamdaman niya?

"This was a bad idea," he sighed again making her look up to him.

Dos suddenly let go and took a step back before running away leaving her alone at the center of the ballroom. The song wasn't even over yet. Her dream was starting to turn into a nightmare.

As Dos left her immobile, the emcee continued with his spiel to cover the growing murmurs of the crowd. Tears began to form in her eyes.

Why? Why did he say that?

She didn't hear what the emcee said but it seemed like it was time to give out messages to the guests and her Dad was the first one to take the stage.

"I can't begin to say how proud I am for my daughter," he began and smiled. "For how she grew up to be a woman of grace, beauty and kindness, I am truly grateful to be blessed by such a wonderful panganay."