[B3] Episode 27

🌺

four years after

"These are great, Georgina. I'm really impressed with your designs!"

George smiled as the head architect of Altierra Limited commended her designs. She mixed oriental and contemporary for the project so she wasn't so sure if they'd like it or not. But thankfully, they did. She also took some advice from the junior engineer of the company who showed her around the project while it was still being constructed.

"Good job," ani pa nito and smiled. "But of course there will be some minor adjustments depending on the availability of materials so we'd still need your expertise."

"That wouldn't be a problem," she answered smiling back. "Just give me a call and I'd be happy to drop by any time."

The meeting ended with both sides satisfied with the terms. She smiled at Engineer Matsunaga who was such a huge help to her.

"I'll treat you for a drink mamaya, Arika," she said as they stepped out of the conference room. Wala na ang mga head so she was free to talk casually with her. "You can't say no to me like last time. I'll strangle that yes out of you. Or that killjoy boyfriend of yours."

Tumawa naman ang babae sa sinabi niya. Arika Matsunaga is a junior Engineer here in Altierra. She has such a wonderful and free-spirited soul that somewhat reminded her of Lia who was currently in Spain for her masteral. She's also travelling throughout Europe alone.

Lia asked her countless times if she could join her but she always pushed the idea back as she did not have the same courage as her best friend. Ate Sadie and Audrey parted ways when the former entered law school. Masyado na daw silang busy so they didn't have enough time for each other that caused them to drift apart. Sadie was in the US while Audrey's in Singapore. She was all alone in Manila and she misses friends. Kaya siguro grabe siya kung makapag-cling din dito kay Aki.

She graduated a few years ago and decided to make her own design consultancy firm instead of working for one. Her dad let her do what she wanted since he did say he could still handle their company. He also assured her that he won't pressure her into doing what she didn't really like.

"You could just marry a man who knows his was in the business world," he would always tease.

She already had the right man for that and he's also currently handling his own company. But sadly, she already gave up on that one. She wasn't even that sure if he even remembered her after staying abroad for quite a while.

According to Jarvis--and sometimes Box, Dos stayed in the US right after his graduation. Minsan ay bumibisita naman ito sa Pilipinas pero he'd only stay for a few days or a week max. During important occasions lang madalas. She never got the chance to meet with him during his visits. And when she goes to Seattle or in New York, he'd avoid her like plague.

"Wag na wag mong idadamay ang bebe ko dito," Aki jokingly warned. "Isang beses lang kitang na-indyan dahil sa jowa ko, Horhe. Kung tutuusin nga na eh dapat siya ang ma-badtrip sa'yo eh. Pinagseselosan ka nung tao."

"It's not my fault that you named me 'Horhe' on your phone," she chuckled. "You even added a heart. Sinong boyfriend ang hindi maghihinala? And you haven't introduced us yet!"